Thirty One

Thomas' POV

I look out the window as the intercom said we've arrived. Looking at my phone, hoping to see a text from Newt, I see nothing. My heart sinks, but I have to find him. Newt means the world to me, I can't let him go this easily. I'm not sure where to start, and it might take me a few days to find him, but I'm not leaving until I do.

I'm not sure where in Southwark he lives. While waiting for the bus I got an idea. I went up to a phone booth and dialed Newt's number. He picked up after a few rings.

"Hello?" I heard Newt's voice ask and I nearly fainted.

"Newt? It's Tommy," I said rather quickly. Even through the phone, I could sense his smile.

"What-" he tried to find words, but I cut him off.

"I'm in Southwark," I hurriedly said. "I just got here. I'm at the airport." I heard shuffling in the background. At one point, I swore I heard a squeal but I figured it was just my imagination.

"I'm on my way," Newt said and hung up. I shrugged and put away my phone.

*time skip to when Newt gets to the airport*

I was only waiting for about 10 minutes when I heard a car door shut. Looking up, I saw Newt. He had a smile and he ran up to me, pulling me into a hug. "I thought you didn't want to be together," I stiffened, not knowing what was happening. Yes, I was overjoyed to see him, but I didn't expect this.

Against my chest, I felt Newt shake his head. "It was all Minho," he said but most of it was muffled and he sniffed, obviously crying. "He sent those texts. I swear, Tommy. I would never break up with you. I love you, Tommy."

I hadn't realized I was hugging him. Absentmindedly, I leaned down and kissed the top of his head. We stayed in the hug for who knows how long, but I don't think either of us cared. "How long are you staying?" Newt asked, pulling away.

"I leave Monday morning," I said, wiping tears that lingered on Newt's cheeks. Newt grabbed my hands and led me somewhere. I decided not to question it and followed him. Soon we were in an alley. Not a scary kind with trash everywhere and stray cats. No, this alley was behind a boutique so there were flower petals scattered everywhere. It reminded me of Newt's surprise.

There was music playing softly. Newt grabbed my hands again and we started dancing. His arms were wrapped around my neck, mine on his waist. "How did you-" I tried to ask, but he cut me off.

"Have you checked your phone recently?" I looked at him quizzically and he continued, "I unblocked you and saw your messages. I immediately started setting this up."

"Well it's perfect," I said, kissing him while continuing to dance. Could this trip get any better?