First Love - Two

The next day I woke up and changed into my reaping dress before leaving for breakfast. Burton was already there with Woof and Cecelia talking about surviving.

"Good morning Lacey" Cecelia smiled

"Morning" I grabbed some food and began to tuck in. They were going over things I already knew so I tuned out till I saw we were in the Capitol. Daddy talked that if I was ever in the games was to smile and be charming. If I did that I was surely going to get sponsors. He practically mentored me before I even decided to do anything. Standing up I went to the window and smiled waving at them which they seemed to like.

"Burton come here it will help you get sponsors" I pulled him over

"Smile and wave" he did so and the train came to a stop. We stepped off and my face was stuck on charming mode as I smiled, waved and blew kisses, We were then taken away to be stripped and prepped. One of the women named Claudia went to do something with my hair when I grabbed her arm.

"Do anything major with my hair I will grab those scissors and gut you until you're dying breath are we clear" she nodded violently and trimmed my hair and gave me a fringe. I was then lead into a room where I waited for my stylist. She came in with bright pink hair and a  golden dress with the longest eye lashes I've ever seen.

"Why hello there I'm JJ your stylist." she held out her hand and I shook it.

"Lacey"

"oh such a pretty name I love it. Anyway textiles"

"You're not going to dress me up in anything stupid" it was more of an order than a question

"Of course not here I'll show you" she pulled out designs of a feather outfit

"Really? Not to sound rude but you have to be joking I design and make dresses since I was 10 never have I seen something so outrageous. I need to make an impression a good one." she looked crest fallen.

"I hate to me mean I do its just with this you'd be a laughing stock and you seem really nice to be put in that position. I like you which I rare for a capitol person."

"Well what do you suggest" she asked

"Do you have a pencil?" she gave me one and i turned the sketch over and began drawing for me and Burton.

"Okay I love the colours you've picked out and the use of feathers so... a midnight blue dress with pink accessories. Feathers like a mane and wings growing down." I talked as I drew.

"Also given the old native American look feathers incorporated into the hair and jewellery" I finished mine.

"Burtons" slim arms and slacks, blue trousers and a pink shirt with blue waistcoat hint of feathers. like so" I showed her and she was in awe.

"Remind me to check with you for everything i plan to have you wear" she looked at both designs.

"You might not be the most 'it' stylist but if they talk about you it won't be for the wrong reasons." I smiled

"i might just keep you."

--

At the parade I walked out of the lift in my own design but credited by JJ outfit. I was wearing six inch bright pink heels and everything by my dress and some feathers in my hair was pink. I stopped and looked around at all the other tributes. I saw the boy from district 2 staring at me as the final preparations where being done to him. There was a lustful look like he wanted to devoir me right there and then. I smirked if I can make an impression on a career then imagine what I can do to the Capitol.

"Lacey there you are oh look at you those modifications worked well" Daphne chirped I looked at Burton who was in his new get up. He looked at me and mimed a thank you. Winking at him looked back at Woof and Cecelia.

"all tributes mount up, all tributes mount up" the voice came over.

"Good luck you two" Cecelia smiled and which i returned and lifted my dress up to stand on the chariot. JJ and Luka (Burton's stylist) did last second touches like fanning out my dress so it blew delicately as we were taken out. which was long after.

"smile and wave Burton smile and wave" he took a deep breath and we began waving as we were taken to the end. I blew kisses and many threw roses down at the tributes i captured one and smelt it before winking in the direction i came from. I looked at the back of me and caught sight of district 12. They were on fire. We came to a stop where the President stood above us and began a speech which was the same as usual. welcoming us and commending us for our sacrifice and courage. The wished us a happy hunger games. We began to turn back around the way we came and I waved again.

I stepped off the chariot after Burton helped me back down and was swarmed by both our prep teams, stylists, mentors and escorts.

"you did brilliant you were naturals." I grinned and looked over Woof's shoulder.  The District 2 guy was glaring at District 12 with a hunger of wanting to kill them.

"Excuse me" I walked over to the mentor for district 12 as he was walking up to them.

"your tributes might want to be careful" i told him he stopped and looked at me.

"I beg your pardon"

"District 2 is looking at your tributes like a animal he wants to kill trust me it's never a good sign. Watch them like a hawk." he collected his shock and thoughts before replying

"I will thank you" I smiled and left.

-

That night I couldn't get to sleep. I was restless and thinking about what was going to happen, it was inevitable I was going to die. If i wanted Burton to go home i would have to be dead. I didn't want to die but he was only 15 and had so much to do with himself. Getting out of the bed i went to the elevator and pressed the button for the roof. I wrapped my shawl around me as the breeze hit me, stepping out. i felt so free yet trapped at the same time. taking a seat i looked up at the sky, the strobe and bright lights from down below didn't affect its beauty.

"Hey Mom" I started talking.

"i don't know what to say to you...that's a first you would proberly cover my mouth in seconds because of my rambling." i joke

"I'm going to die. Its inevitable even though I'm born to career parents I'm not cold like the ones fresh from the academy. I had to do it, not for the sheer enjoyment of killing but if i was in that little girls place i would have wanted someone to save me. " i sigh.

"I guess the only bright side is i will get to see you again and maybe we can even help dad find someone else. Though he's a stubborn as a mule someone will be lucky to have him." i stop and just stare at the single star which in my heart i know is my Mum watching over me.

"you're a career?" someone asks. I snap myself round in a defence stance and look over to where the voice came from.