First Love - Six

The next Day I sat in the waiting room with Burton. Glimmer was called up first and her smirk annoyed me. It went from there. When I saw Cato coming out he had a satisfied grin he walked past me and gave me a wink. I looked away smiling to myself, last night we didn't move till gone midnight. He wouldn't let go of me and I was only when i made clear we had assessment tomorrow and we were both tired did he let me go.

"Lacey Ryder" the woman's voice came over. I smiled at Burton and walked through the doors passing the 7 male on my way in. I made my way to the sponsors.

"Lacey Ryder District 8" the game maker nodded i grabbed knifes, axes, swords, and a machete. First i did my little performance with the knifes then. i shot two spears on one bulls eye. before using my sword decapitating one dummy my axe on another and machete on the final one i looked at the sponsors and smirked seeing they were astounded at the damaged I cause.

"thank you" i bowed and left. Burton was going and I tapped his shoulder wishing him luck. On my way up the lift stopped at two. Cato strutted in with a smirk planted firmly on his face. It wasn't till the doors closed did he push me firmly against the wall and kissed me. I groaned in pleasure. He pulled away.

"I'm not going to the roof tonight. i plan sleeping all day and only surfacing for food" he laughed

"i supposed I'll let you off this once."

"you suppose" he grinned and went to kiss me again but I arrived on the eighth floor.

"catch you later" he whispered in my ear giving me shiver. Ha so much for one night.

-----

3 days later and i was sitting waiting to hear the results. JJ sat down next to me a big grin on her face as she gave me a design for me and Burton for the interviews that would take place tomorrow night. I looked at them and what she had planned.

"so what do you think" she asked i smiled

"they look great." she clapped

"what i will ever do without you i don't know" she grinned and my smile faltered a bit.

"oh its on" Daphne chirped

"As you know, the tributes were rated on a scale of 1 to 12 after 3 days of careful evaluation the game keepers would like to acknowledge...." blah blah blah.  I only tuned in when it was district 2

"From District 2 Cato Valenn with a score of 10" i smirked he was loving that i bet.

"From district 2 Clove Winters with a score of 10 " I waited patiently till we came up

" From District 8 Burton James with a score of ...9" i clapped

"nice one BJ" i grinned

"you'll do better."

"From district 8 Lacey Ryder with a score of..." i held my breath "11" i jumped up

"yes!" i chimed pumping my fist up in the air.

"well done Lace" the girl from 11 got 7 Peeta got 8 then Katniss got the same as me 11. I was still beaming when i went up to the roof. I as usual was there before Cato but it wasn't long till he came up still grinning as well.

"Congrats Ace you got that 11" he lifted me up.

"And you got that 10." he put me down and kissed me. I didn't care if it was going past one night. If this was what last moments felt like i would take them with everything i had.

"Guess we got what we wanted" he stated i sighed

"Not everything" he knew what i meant about what was going to happen he lifted my head up.

"Don't talk like that now okay. We still have tomorrow left and then the nights in the games. Oh I meant to ask you. Will you officially join the careers?" my smile dropped

"Cato i can't"

"why not." his smile dropped too and i broke away.

"because Cato they want to kill me. It's not like with you where you love me, besides i need a clear head and you are the biggest yet most wanted distraction."

"please Lacey don't make me beg"

"no to both. " he looked crest fallen so i decided to compromise "okay i will join the careers when my biggest threats and people i don't like are dead. How does that sound" he mulled it over

"who are your biggest threats"

"10 and 11 males but i would settle for when i kill Glimmer that girl jerks me"

"you hate Glimmer" i nodded

"yes and its not even funny thinking she is so much better than everyone else look who got the 11 me and Katniss the girl on fire" he chuckled

"you can do one thing for me though"

"what?"

"make Burton apart of the careers. protects him, he's become reliant on me so the separation is needed."

"if that's what makes you happy." i smiled and kissed him

"very much"

"okay then" we kissed again.