Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII

I woke up on rock hard ground. 

'What the heck?' I thought to myself. Where am I?

I looked around and saw that I was in a dungeon. The room I was in was disgustingly dirty and had three cells, each with metal bars as the walls. 

'The rogues got us,' Kali told me. 

A/N: Kali is her wolf, in case you forgot.

Now I remembered being kidnapped. It was in the middle of my date with Cayden! 

'Whatever,' I thought to myself. 'I can take them.'

I was surprised by my sudden surge of confidence. When did this happen? I couldn't even hurt a fly, let alone take on a rogue.

I looked around and suddenly the door burst open. A tall man walked in. He would have been attractive but he was just so unkept that it was hard to look past it. He had scruffy hair sticking in all directions and dull blue eyes. His nose was crooked and he had a jagged looking scar on his cheek. He looked around and when his eyes met mine a smug look crossed his face. 

"Hello, Cayden's mate," he said, smirking. He walked closer to me until he could have touched the bars on the cage by moving his hands forward a few inches. I backed up until I hit the sides of the cage and I instantly hissed and jumped away. They locked me in a silver cage.

He kneeled down and looked at me, his scar curving when his face broke out into a crude grin. "Now now...what are we going to do with you?"

"You see, Cayden and I haven't exactly been on the best of terms in the past few months...so I took from him what he loves most." He cocked his head at me. "His mate. He took mine from me, so its only fair to return the favour."

I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. "Is this the part where the villan tells the victim their life story? Save it, I really couldn't care less."

He looked at me, obviously angered but then smirked. "Not exactly."

He took out a key from his pocket and turned it inside the lock of my cage, pressing his fingers onto the cage when he opened the door. 

I wasn't scared of him before as we were seperated by a cell wall but now I was terrified.

"D-d-doesn't that hurt?" I asked, referring to him touching the silver bars. 

He only looked at me and told me, "Nothing hurts anymore." With that, he walked up to me and pulled me to my feet. He tightly grabbed my arm before pressing my left side to the bars of the cage.

Caydens POV

A/N: If I don't say otherwise, every chapter will start with Lily's POV

"Anthony! Does anyone know where she is?"

"No, Alpha, we can't find the rogues hideout." 

I was in my study, looking at all the papers I could find that could lead me to Lily. Anthony was obviously also stressed about Lily's kidnapping and wanted to find her almost as much as I did. Almost. I was crazy with worry. The love of my life was taken from me, from right behind me.

After I killed the rogues in front of me the day before, I turned around to find Lily gone. I smelled her scent mixed with a rogue and tried to track them down, but their scent dissapeared after 100 meters or so. 

Suddenly, I felt a huge amount of pain in my side. I grit my teeth in the agony and looked around to see what happened and down to see the damage. There was nothing that could have hurt me and no marks on my skin. 

'What the hell?' I thought to myself?

'It's our mate!' My wolf Maris told me.

It was Lily's pain. Mates, before even fully or partially mated, could feel each others pain after meeting each other, but only if it was extreme. Even then, they only felt a small amount of their mates pain. I was feeling a pretty horrible pain and I couldn't even begin to imagine what Lily was feeling.

One of my warriors, Liam, suddenly burst into my study. "Alpha," he said gasping. "We found the hideout."

Lily's POV

I screamed once the cool, smooth silver touched my skin. He kept me pressed onto it for a few seconds until he let me go. I collapsed to the ground, shaking. I faintly heard him chuckle at my pain. After regaining myself I slowly stood up, trying not to show how much pain I was feeling. I walked up to him and punched him across his face and he fell to the floor.

I heard him shout out, but I ignored it and started punching him while straddling him, keeping my stone cold composure. I punched him and punched until my hands grew numb and his face was a bloody mess. I reached through his pockets and pulled out the key to my cage. I walked out and used my shoe to close the cage and put the key inside the lock and turned until I heard a satisfying click. 

I looked at the full grown man I just attacked and gasped. 'What did I just do?' I was always one of the weakest members of my pack, only good at running, and I just nearly killed this man.

'The other rogues are going to kill me! Kali what do I do?'

'Theres a window to your left. Break it and run back to Caydens pack!' Kali told me.

I found a piece of stone, chipped off of the floor and threw it at the window. I heard it shatter and I stood on a chair to crawl through it. Pieces of broken glass scratched my body but I ignored it.

I stood up and started sprinting to the nearby trees. I was halfway there when I saw around ten people standing right where I had to go. I stopped short and looked at them and was met with one familiar pair of blue eyes. They were looking right back at me. 

"Cayden?" I whispered out loud. He came for me? He was here?

I saw him look to the right of me in horror and I looked where he was staring at. Before I could even completely turn my body I heard the sound of a gun going off. A second after I gasped as I felt unbearable pain right above my right hip. I screamed right as the world went fuzzy and faded to black.