Chapter XI

Chapter XI

The next few days went by fairly smoothly. I stayed in the hospital recovering from the bullet hole in my stomach area, and I also healed much faster than the doctors thought I would. (Perks of being a red wolf.)

After four days of being awake, I was allowed to leave the hospital. My wound was just a scar now and I could easily move without feeling any pain. Those were both shockers to the pack doctor and everyone else except Cayden, Anthony, Jared, Adam and I, all of us who knew that I was a red wolf.

We were planning on telling the pack at some point, but we weren't sure how or when. 

I got in Cayden's car and we began driving to the pack house. We pulled up in front and got out of his brilliantly red car. Hey, just like my wolf's hair!

We walked inside. I was dressed in my pajamas that Cayden had brought to the hospital for me. They're his sisters. I felt a little uncomfortable once I walked in, but I was greeted with looks of wonder. Wonder? 

Everyone bowed their heads and murmured "Luna." I gave a small smile to the pack members. Suddenly, I felt something tugging on my hand. I looked down and saw a little girl, probably around six years old. 

She looked into my eyes and asked me a question. "Do you have super powers or something?" Her words were high pitched and her last word sounded like "sumfing," but I understood. Is that why everyone was looking at me in awe before? It was because they were surprised I lived? I guess that's understandable, they don't know I'm a red wolf.

I bent down so that I was eye level with her and looked at her big, brown eyes. "No more than you do."

She giggled and I smiled at her, the first real, toothy smile I've had all day. She was suddenly pulled away from me and I stood up. A woman stood in front of me.

"I'm so sorry, Luna, I should have kept a closer watch on her. I'm so sorry." She bowed her head in dissapointment in herself.

"It's ok, I'm very happy I met her anyways. She looks like a princess," I said. The little girl grinned at me. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Emma," she told me.

I smiled at her. "That's a beautiful name for a princess." She grinned and giggled at me again (would that be a griggle?) and her mom pulled her away, not before smiling at me. I looked around and saw the whole pack was watching our conversation and I took a step back, closer to Cayden. The whole pack looked more awestruck than they had previously. I felt uncomfortable. 

"I'm going to go take a nap, I'm very tired. Goodbye," I said, standing on my tippy toes and kissing him on the cheek, letting it linger there for a second or two. I smiled and waved goodbye to the pack before heading up the staircase to Cayden's room.

I was sitting on Cayden's bed, reading one of the novels I pulled out of his bookcase. It was a book by Nicholas Sparks. I laughed when I saw it on the shelf. I was on page 120 (I read fast) before I heard the door open and shut. I assumed it was Cayden.

"Hey," I heard him say. I looked at him and grinned, waving around my book for him to see. "I never pegged you as a romance book kind of guy."

He looked at me and blushed. Aw! "May made me get it! I didn't read it, I swear!"

I smiled at him again before looking back to the book. "It's very good so far, but Noah and Allie are in a pretty major kerfuffle," I told him. "It's very dramatic."

Cayden stared at me for a few seconds before cracking up. "What?" I asked him, chuckling because of how hard he was laughing. He gasped out "What the hell is a kerfuffle?"

I looked at him confused. "A kerfuffle? You don't know what a kerfuffle is?"

"How would I?" He asked, starting to slow his hearty laugh to a mild chuckle.

I wondered for a few seconds before realizing. "Oh! You're from The States! I forgot!"

"Then where are you from?" He asked, confused.

"I'm Canadian! I didn't remember you guys weren't also," I told him.

"I forgot! Your old pack was in Canada," he said. I knew he didn't realize, but calling it my old pack made me feel like my heart was breaking all over again. I looked at the floor and before I knew it, a tear was rolling down my cheek, followed by another. I'd been trying so hard to forget about my pack and now it was all rushing back to me.

"Shit, Lily, I'm so sorry," Cayden said, sitting next to me and pulling me into his lap. I buried my face in his shirt. I stayed there for a few minutes, shaking and crying, before speaking again.

"They're all dead," I sobbed. "All of them. Mom, Dad...even Scott." I started shaking just thinking about them all. 

"Shh, shh," he whispered, rubbing my back. I kept sobbing until all of my senses faded away.

A/N: My friend is Canadian and I guess she's starting to work on me! I accidentally said "garberator" the other day and it was pretty crazy. I accidentally pick up other things quickly; my one friend is Indian/British and after being at camp with her for two weeks I started pronouncing my a's differently.