Chapter XVIII

Chapter XVIII

I moaned as I turned to the side in my small, uncomfortable bed. Wait...bed?

I sat up much quicker than I should have and flashed my eyes open. I was met with a white room with a strong cleaning scent...again?!

Why was I hospitalized this time?

I turned to the left, ignoring the bright light that was on that side which made me want to flinch away. I was met with Caden.

I rubbed my eyes hard with my hands like a little child. "What happened?" I asked him.

He jumped a little, seeming like he just noticed I had woken up.

"Your heat was too strong, they had to lessen the effects of it," he said, shrugging. I nodded. I tried to dig deep into my brain for what happened earlier and the more I tried, the clearer everything became.

"Oh my god!" I gasped, clawing at the sheets on my brick-like hospital bed.

"What is it?" Caden asked, jumping out of the small chair he had been previously sitting in. He must have thought I was injured or something.

I started bawling. I almost cheated on my mate! God, I felt like such an awful person.

I guess the lessened effects of the heat were still pretty strong from the amount I was sobbing.

Caden wrapped his arms around me and sat on the hospital bed as I cried into his shirt. "What is it?" He murmured softly into my hair, his breath warm.

"I-I...I did a really bad thing," I told him as my crying started to fade away and was replaced with a hiccupping.

Caden pulled his arms away from me and grabbed my chin softly yet with a firm grip, looking me hard in the eyes. "Lily, what did you do?"

"I almost cheated on you!" I shot out as the tears started again. He pulled his hand away from my chin like I was on fire.

"You what?" He asked, sounding a little shocked.

"I almost kissed someone else but I didn't kiss him and it was only because of the heat. I would never do that to you."

"Fucking hell, Lily!" Caden exclaimed, banging his fist on the wall.

"It was Scott, wasn't it?" He asked. I knew I couldn't lie, so I meekly lifted my head up and down in response.

He lifted his hand and smacked it against the wall and this time I heard a few cracks.

"I don't have feelings for him anymore Caden! It was just the heat...I don't have feelings for him, I have them for you!"

He shook his head in anger and swiftly exited the room, leaving me alone and surrounded by the overwhelming smell of Lysol.

A/n: sorry if it's bad I haven't updated in like two months bc I suck and had no inspiration I'll try to update more frequently sorry sorry