Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Celeste POV

“You guys can start now. I’m gonna be down there in just a sec.” Helene shouted as she rushed down the stairs in less than 1 minute.

Now I’m definitely scared.  

“Don’t worry sweetheart, it’s not that bad; I swear. Helene just wants to see your reaction and that’s all.” My dad said as he squeezed my hand to reassure me.

“I trust you daddy” I replied back as I looked away from the door and smiled back at my dad.

Without any warning a bright flash blinded my eyes.

“Oh god! Her dimples came out just soooo cute then.”  Helene said as she made sure to drag out the ‘o’ when she said ‘so’.

“Helene, stop this nonsense already. Let’s already give her the presents. Am gonna go first then.” Rom spoke as he got up, and handed me a medium sized jewelry box.

Looking up to my brother, he towered over me standing at 6’5. The only thing me and Rom shared was our amethyst purple eyes from our grandmother. He had the same golden blond hair like Helene which they both inherited from our mom. His hair was cut short but always had it spiked up, him saying it makes him look cool or something. I don’t really understand.

He inherited his face structure from dad, his high cheekbone that looked like they could cut glass, strong straight nose and had medium lips. His personality was very similar like dad’s when he was younger; cool, cold towards people he has just met but he slowly warms up to them.

When you meant something to him, then he will take your side and defend you and he can be crazy ass scary when he’s angry. Man, I never want to be on the receiving end of his glare.

Rom and Conan are fraternal twins. They don’t look anything like each other except from their bone structures and their height.  Conan was the complete opposite from Rom.

Conan had the same midnight black hair as me but cut short, brushing against his neck. He mostly left his hair messy, unlike Rom. He had sharp green cat like eyes, which glinted playful. Conan was the mischievous one out of all four of us. He was cool, laid back and down to earth, however he could be cruel to people who had hurt someone he cared about.

Another thing they shared in common other than their glares which will make you piss in your pants, not my words, my friends, is that they are way overprotective of me and Helene, especially me, being the youngest.

I grabbed onto the present and sent a small smile towards Rom, saying “Thanks Rom. It’s nothing too bad, is it?” I asked.

Rom only smirked back at me and shook his head, raising his light colored eyebrows. It was his sign of telling me to open it up, already.

I quickly ripped off the gift wrapper, and opened the dark velvet casing. Inside there was a tanzanite and diamond pendant along with matching dangling earrings; I was looking at couple of months back when I was searching for Helene’s birthday gift. I remember I was with Rom that day, and we were looking in different jewelry shops for the perfect gift for Helene and Christmas gifts for the family.

“Rom, what… did you…? How did you know?” I finally stuttered out a question. Rom just smirked back at me, for asking such a stupid question; for him maybe but not for me.

“Don’t undermine my skills, little sis. I saw you looking at it. More like you were transfixed on it. Remember I was calling your name for at least 5 minutes? You never gave me an answer, silly girl. So I brought it for you.” Rom said as he messed up my hair.