Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Celeste POV

4 months later

“Celli, we’re here. Get up!” I was shaken awake by Hel’s hands and her screams.

Dammit!  

“Seriously, did you really need to scream in my ears?” I uttered as I glared at Hel, she just smirked back at me, walking away to help Conan and Rom.

It’s been 4 months after my 16th birthday and I’m finally able to go to a public school. My mom and dad were upset and worried, and they told me if I ever felt homesick, they didn’t mind me coming home early. More like they were hoping me to stay, but I wanted to go. And they realized that they couldn’t stop me from going.  

Over the 4 months, I begged my parents; if I could get rid of my normal body guards aka my guard dogs, following me around, as people might find it suspicious. They finally relented but told me that my older siblings were going to go.

So from then on out, I and Conan were searching on which public school I should attend, after much discussion and arguing Rom chose at the end. He stated to all of us, that I should go to a school that is near a pack, a powerful one at that, as it would be safer for me as they will help and keep the town safe, which included me, as I would be a human.

However there was a problem about Hel, Conan and Rom going, as they were werewolves, their scents would be recognized. I remember dad mentioning this angrily to Rom.

“Romulus Caelum Hemming, are you out of your mind?! They will quickly find out what you are. If you don’t join their pack, then they will label you as rouges. If you and your brother and sister don’t go, who will look after Celeste? I’m not sending my daughter alone to be on a waiting list to be slaughtered!”

Man that was the first time I saw dad livid. Mom had to comfort him by holding onto his hand and mumbling things into his ears, because his wolf was about to burst out. I don’t know how Rom could reply back to dad, without stuttering. Dad was terrifying. But somehow Rom did. Good job Rom. 

“Dad I know. I do. Really I do. If you allowed me to finish, I would have gave you a solution.” Rom replied back to dad calmly.

Without waiting for dad, or anyone else to interrupt him, Rom carried on.

“Listen, If we send her to a public school near the Blood Eclipse pack, the strongest pack in  the USA, hell no, one of the strongest packs in the world, second to us, she would be protected. Remember, we been sending some of our trusted pack members over the years to see their progress and other the packs. I discreetly remembered they also protect the humans in their town; I then went and searched it properly. I even sent one of my trusted men to check it out. So by sending her there, she is under the packs protection, without the Alpha, Beta or the pack members knowing it. As well as, dad… mom, she will still have us. We will still protect her. You already know that we can hide our scents and change it. We’ve been practicing it for more than half a century. We will just change out scents. Just think about it mom, dad. It’s for the best.”

After that day, mom and dad thought about it for two weeks and made a decision. They accepted it.

YAY!!!

So now in the present me, Hel, Conan and Rom, pulled up to our new home for this year. It was painted in a dark blue color and had white border surrounding the large windows. It was supposed to have four bedrooms for each of us.