Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Finally, the two of us are alone."

The tension in the room subsides the instant Jane leaves and is replaced with a new tension.

Lisbon is finding it hard to breathe, she feels as though she's about to cry. It's as though she has lost a friend.

"Was any of it...real?"

He smiles at her.

"Oh Teresa, still so loyal. I could tell you anything and you'd buy it."

"Let's start with the truth."

"Alright, the truth is that I was attracted to you, using you against Jane was a bonus."

"Attracted?"

"I had a secure relationship with Lorelei, I was going to retire and we would go the next step."

"Marriage?"

"No, just a kid."

"So what happened?"

He became very grave, his calm green eyes instantly become cold.

"I had no choice but to kill her, she nearly revealed me to Jane. This tiresome game would continue and it became clear to me that she didn't trust me. Lorelei was such a wonderful woman, I will never forget what we had. But then I met you and you were so much like her, just better."

"I was the substitute."

"There are some murders that still haunt me, I could pretend that I still had my Lorelei. But Jane naturally ruins everything so I had to get rid of him."

"You really are Red John."

She says quietly and he laughs a little.

"And you are my Lorelei."

A shiver runs down her spine and she leaves commanding Cho and Rigsby to take him to prison. Lisbon runs to the attic and finds him deep in thought at his desk. Once Jane spots her he stands to go to her but Lisbon rams into Jane and wraps her arms around him in a instant.

"Teresa?"

"He's gone Jane. He's never coming back."

He's gone, Red John is finally gone. Jane feels like he's about to cry, he has waited for this moment for years. And now the most wonderful woman is in his arms.

He can be free, Patrick Jane can finally be free.

Jane kisses her forehead and then her cheek, when he finally reaches her lips he can't take it anymore and kisses her greedily and she returns with the same passion.

"I love you."

"I know, I love you to Jane."