My Conviction

"-shi"

"-kashi"

"Takashi!"

"Huh, Takashi?"

"There are people who wish to speak with you."

My eyes took a while to adjust to the sunlight that entered the room. Krishna, with a worried expression stood in front of me. I slowly got up, rubbed my eyes and followed behind her as she led me to the living room. 'Is she okay?'

Standing in the living room were two medic ninja and Shikaku of the Nara clan.

"Kakashi, if you don't mind could we step outside there is an important matter we need to discuss."

"Sure."

The two medic ninja, Shikaku and I stepped outside the main entrance leaving Krishna inside by herself. I only caught a glimpse of an angry expression which caused me to worry.

"So, what's this about?"

"Orders from the hokage regarding Krishna."

Many thoughts clouded my mind. 'Did they find her parents and do they know about her power?'

"We have contacted ninja who are in the Land of Tea and they are now searching for Krishna's parents. Also she will no longer be in your custody but in the custody of our medical ninja."

"Why medical ninja?"

"We cannot discuss that with you. We will be taking her immediately."

The medic ninja spoke ceasing the conversation as they began to re-enter the house.

"Doesn't she have a say in any of this?"

"She is under the custody of Konoha until her guardians have been located."

I grumbled to myself as I entered the house to find that she was gone.

"Krishna?"

The doors to the backyard were opened and we ran to them.

"She escaped."

"Thank for stating the obvious."

The nurse glared at me for my comeback.

"There is no time to waste. Search for her."

Shikaku gave the order and we all nodded taking off.

I managed to escape his backyard by climbing over a fence. I ran non-stop through the streets as fast as I could which was not very fast. The only thing on my mind was their conversation.

They can decide things effortlessly for others without consideration. No, I won't let them take me. I have to get out this village. I will not be made a puppet yet again!

Mother gave me something strange that I don't understand. I am not naïve. The power I have now, I'll use to my advantage. But the problem is how? When we set out for travel we had no idea how we would become ninja or how we would even make it out of the Land Of Tea. I am deeply sorry Theodore I won't hesitate to act anymore.

I turned to my left, entering a forest occupied by tall trees. I knew it wasn't the greatest plan but if I hid well enough maybe I could lose them.

"Huwaah"

*thump*

A sneaky tree root was my downfall. I fell pounding my face onto the cold ground that was littered with fallen leaves.

'I can't stop!'

I pulled myself up when a sharp pain travelled up my body from my left ankle. Gravity seemed to drag me right back down.

What was I to do? I was out of breath, I couldn't go on any further and my ankle wasn't healing.

I started to breathe heavily letting my negative thoughts take over and consume me. In that second I could hear the crunching of leaves behind me. My body was trembling but I crawled forward with all my might, tears tried their best to escape but I didn't let them.

I won't let them!

"Your faces appear so warm and welcoming!"

I pulled myself up and stood on one leg.

"In this world of eat or be eaten!"

I held onto a tree all the while staggering forward.

"Unsuspecting victims who are born into this world to suffer!"

As I staggered forward I could hear leaves crunch behind me.

"To be given hope and have it snatched away reminding you how cruel this world is."

I fell to my knees as I remembered my hope. How many persons have had their hope taken away?
"I'll change it."

I turned my head to reveal my captor. It was Takashi. He stared at me silently with his gravity defying hair.

"This corrupt world filled with hatred will crumble beneath me!"

Kakashi walked over to the 13 year old girl who had been pushed too far.

"I won't let them take you."

He placed his arm on her shoulder as she stood up on her newly healed ankle.

"What?"

She stared him in the eyes.

"I said I won't let them take you. It's the least I could do for you."

"Then promise. Promise me that you won't betray me."

"A ninja never goes back on his word."

"Takashi!"

Kakashi looked at her in a questioning way failing to notice that she had once again forgotten his name. She then nervously asked him her question.

"If it is not much trouble I would like you to teach me the way of the ninja."

She quickly bowed waiting for his response. Kakashi responded with a chuckle.

"Of course no need to be so formal."

Krishna arose and held out her hand. Kakashi stared at it before shaking it.

"Thank you Takashi."

"Takashi? You never get it right."

He ruffled her short messy red hair. She recoiled at the action and Kakashi immediately apologized.

"Well let's go. I have a lot of explaining to do and the chunnin exams are about to begin.*sigh*"

Krishna placed a hand on her hair as she stood in a daze.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go."

"I'm sorry, coming."

'...Theodore please watch over me.'