Luna's Goodbye

*beep..beep...beep-

"Why are you still doing this Luna?"

The lady in question ran her hands through her long black hair before picking up a needle and small bottle that contained an almost transparent blue liquid.

In the center of the room Krishna laid on a flat cushioned table. She was furnished in many medical attachments that helped with breathing. Her shirt had been removed to reveal a black circle on her stomach surrounded with strange symbols that resembled flames.

"If you are worried about her then don't be. With this finally, I can let her go."

She placed the needle into the bottle and subtracted the liquid moving over to her gently breathing daughter. The liquid slowly entered Krishna's blood stream from her wrist. Luna stepped back as Krishna's wrist healed. The marking on her stomach glowed the same transparent blue and Krishna's body twitched before settling down shortly after.

"My work has finally been completed after all these years. Krishna now fully possesses a power similar to the Sage of Sixth Paths and maybe if she were to perfect her new-found abilities she might become the strongest person to walk this planet."

"What does this all mean for her Luna? What do you expect her to do with this power? And don't tell me it was 'just an experiment from a curious human'"

Luna sighed looking up at Sasuke.

"Humans and ninja alike will bow down to those with power. Each person who is still alive even after years of living is surely afraid of death and those with power capable of causing death. I was not capable of becoming that power because I am only human without special abilities such as 'chakra'. But I have knowledge Sasuke and I also have a goal just like you. I want peace for my country, The Land of Tea. I want to take it back from those who have neglected our people."

"Isn't it selfish, putting her through a life of pain even if that goal would be peace?"

"Well, isn't it logical to put the lives of many before the life of one? I planned this carefully. And the only way to see the bad in this world was through pain and suffering. Showing her the world this way would surely give her motivation. It just makes sense. I'm sure even she is afraid of death and so she will survive and conquer."

"I can't agree with your logic Luna...but I also can't disqualify it."

Luna walked over to a large trunk in the corner of the room. Engraved on the top was her name. She pulled out a key from her lab coat and gestured for Sasuke to walk over.

"Give this to her when you arrive at the Leaf. There are letters I have written for her and a few of my things I want to pass on."

"Why don't you give it to her yourself?"

Luna's green eyes shimmered as she traced her name with her fingers.

"Even I understand that I have no right to speak with her. I had two jobs. To be a scientist and to be a mother. You can guess which one I failed at."

Sasuke nodded taking the small key Luna held.

"Is there anything else?"

Luna thought for a moment before nodding.

"This might be a bit awkward for you. But if you will please give her this."

Sasuke was surprised as Luna wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. Tears fell from her eyes and Sasuke hugged back.

"I have no right to cry about this and yet."

"It's alright Luna. I'm sure you have regrets."

"I do but I am sure this was the most logical decision even if I had to lie, hurt and steal. Or maybe I was wrong all along. Maybe I could have become a loving mother to Krishna and a great wife to Hiro but, it's too late now. The lies I have told him. He'll never forgive me."