4.

~Torrelai's POV~

"Tonight, the stars have my lips, and the moon has my heart." - unknown

I woke up in a better mood than I have in the past few days, I wasn't upset and I didn't feel the need to punch a wall and cry. I felt productive and I wanted to skip around my motel room and sing songs probably meant for ten year olds.

I untied myself from my bedsheets and did a few stretches, I wanted to do push-ups, but I can barely do one without injuring myself in the process.

My stomach growled as I moved to the bathrooms sink to wash my face and brush my teeth. I couldn't skip breakfast two days in row ,so after freshening myself up I ate some of the food leftover from the package Jo gave me. The package contained a homemade dish that smelt delicious after I warmed it up. It contained chicken, rice, and an amazing sauce with vegetables. I allowed myself to drift off while I was eating, my thoughts were uncoherent and messy. I drifted from topic to topic from the events that happened yesterday, and I almost choked on my food when I remembered that I had a possible date sometime in the near future.

I suddenly felt the need to do some of those push-ups. I was not in a shape to date, I didn't even have a job a week ago for goodness sake. Unprepared, unfit and so not ready. Maybe I should just cancel before we could even arrange a time and day for the date, yes. I could tell him that my parents wanted to know how I was doing, and that we were having dinner and I can't make it. I'm such a jerk.

I eventually finished my food and headed back to the bedroom to get dressed, this time I made sure to check the weather before getting ready. It was so cold that icicles formed on the top of the window frame and the window panes were frozen with frost. I decided on a pair of jeans, a royal blue sweater, black gloves, and a scarf that matched my nude pumps. It wasn't ideal for a winters day, but fashion came before comfort, at least that's what Val always said, and she probably knows best when it comes to clothing.

I collected my bookbag with my necessities and pulled at my hair to make it presentable. I stared at the clock on the wall, it was half past oh crap, I'm late. I ran out the door, not even bothering to lock it, and made a collision with a strong force . I tumbled to the side, my bearings lost at the other side of the world.

I looked up and met forest green eyes. He looked unbothered, and easily regained his composure, while I was still sprawled on the floor.

"Don't literally fall for me, Bambi. You might get hurt." He winked at me and just left. Blake was very much right about the fact that Logan doesn't treat anyone well,no matter the occasion. I wanted to beat him senseless, maybe I'll knock some manners into him in the process. I was about to get up when someone offered me a hand. The hand was small and feminine, and when I looked to see who it belonged to, I instantly grew envious.

I accepted her hand and let her help me to my feet. She was stunning, but she had the attitude that she didn't know she was pretty. She had long legs, auburn coloured hair that went to her midsection, a dazzling smile and deep sea blue eyes. I also noticed that she had a uniform on, one I've seen around the motel but couldn't put my finger on which occupation.

"You alright there, Girly?"

I hated the fact that everyone in the motel had to give you a nickname, because it gave you a horrible reputation,and mine was not going well.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"Good on you, miss" She spoke in a heavy accent which I assumed was either Irish or Welsh, I sucked at identifying accents. I nodded and proceeded to walk while screaming a "Thanks again."

My lungs were out of breath when I reached the bottom of the stairs, I felt like I might collapse, so I leaned against the wall for support. As soon as I get my life together, I seriously have to consider joining a gym nearby, or at least walk to work more frequently.