5.

~Torrelai's POV~

“In a sea of hearts, his was the only one worth drowning for.”

I was terribly exhausted. Who new having a proper occupation was this tiring? Cause I sure as hell didn't.

Drained, tired and in need of a social life. It's been forever since I have seen my best friend, Charley. It feels like the right time to arrange a get together and talk about life, possibly going to the bakery and buy that cake I promised myself I would buy for Jo. Besides, Charley's baked goods could probably put Blake's cooking expertise to ruins.

I haven't told her about the current events in my life, due to the fact that I was having a midlife crisis. More importantly, I should be contacting my parents and fix our little debate.

Since it was now Saturday, and I had an off day, I should go to the bakery after all. I grab my gloves and coat, lock the door and head out. As I strolled through the hall, friendly faces greeted me with smiles and compliments, until I walked past Logan. He commented on how my nose is the size of a potato, but I chose to ignore him.

I tried through the heavy, grey colored snow, struggling through the thickness of it. Being careful not to slip in any frozen snow puddles, I proceeded into town, humming a tune that was recently on the radio. Within half an hour, I arrived add the bakery.

The building was rather small, but expansions were currently being made for extra storerooms and upgrades since its business is doing rather well. The building was made entirely out of brick, and had beautiful transparent windows with flower patterns sprayed on to give the bakery a peaceful vibe.

I enter through the glass door and a bell sounds off, signaling a customer entering. A unison of greetings invades my ears from all sides as the familiar staff greets me.

"Hey Charley, Ye buddy's here!" Tom's voice boomed through the kitchen door he yelled into, and out came a dark skinned face with brown hair and vibrant pink highlights. She smiled as she noticed me. She gently put the tray of pastries she was carrying on the counter, dusting the floor off her clothing and came to greet my with a bear hug.

"Hey, you! I missed your troll face around here." She scrunched up her face playfully and laughed.

"I've had lack of beauty sleep, okay? I'm in denial." She placed her dainty hand on my shoulder and gestured me to take a seat at a unoccupied table.

"Sall, we're gonna need a huge piece of your strawberry chocolate cake. Stat."

The chubby guy moves toward the casing for the delicious treats and retrieves a cake with gorgeous pastel pink coverage, white edging and tiny chocolate pieces decorating the top with cream. He cuts carefully into the cake, and removing it to place onto a plate. He adds a dessert fork and stumbles towards us, offering the cake.

"Enjoy, my darlings." He blows a appreciated kiss to us and walks back to the counter, continuing to help customers.

Charley hands me the fork, urging me to eat. "Spill the beans."

I take a bite from the cake. The taste was delicate, soft, and seriously good. I took a second forkful , holding back a moan from goodness.

"Okay, so." I sighed, how can I sum this up?

"You know that trip I told you about, the one my mother had to attend for her New York fashion week?" Charley nodded her head in understanding.

"Well, she apparently had a sudden epiphany, and realized how messed up her children lives are,starting with me."

"Oh, boy. Did she want to ship you off again?"

"Not exactly. She made me a list of eligible bachelors, made me meet most of them and told me to Choose."