6.

~Torrelai's POV~

What is beyond love? I will meet you there.

In the end, I agreed to the date with Blake. He messaged me while I was at work ,and eventually I gave in. It's been years since I last had a date and even then I was forced to go via Valentina setting up the blind date for me . Never again will I allow my sister to arrange a date in my favour. The dates are usually loud ,rich ,obnoxious ,and just Valentina's type.

I was actually looking forward to this date . I needed some action and romance ,no . I deserved it . I've grown tired of the universe not being on my side.

The clock on the wall read that it was 10pm . Deciding to hit the hay I collected my scattered papers on the dining table I was grading and returned my stationery to its rightful place .I placed my laptop in its bag and dragged my sorry ass down the hall to my bedroom. My tired body gracefully well on top of the bed , and as I closed my eyes, my phone started to ring .

Mom.

Emotionally ready to answer the call? Define ready.

I pondered whether to press the green button, mocking me by flashing repeatedly , blinding me with guilt .

In the end , I left the phone to go to voice message . Grow up ,Torrelai.

I retrieved a double sided coin from my purse and flipped it into the air . Heads I call her back. Tales, I take some more time to grow a pair.

I caught the coin and closed my eyes ,anticipating the final result. Heads.

I released a sigh and calmed myself down before picking up my cellphone and dialling the number I've dialed numerous times.

"Speak ."

Shitcicles.

I was shaking , my mouth was dry and my mind totally blank. Answer you idiot!

"Mom ?"

"My Torrelai." My heart shattered when she spoke those words. I wasn't just Torrelai , I was her Torry.

"Hi Mom."

"How are you honey ? It's been awhile."

"I'm Well. How's dad?"

"He's in a bad state sweetpea. He feels terrible about what we did."

Of course .She could never shoulder blame , even if she was the one who invented the idea to kick me out in the first place.

"I'll give him a call later." And by later I mean after I've taken a boss nap.

"Well he is to blame after all."

"Whatever you say, Mom."

"Anywho , just popped in to say hi , and to give you the news."

"What news ?"

"Since your dad and I divorced , I found love again. Oh Tor. It's magical !"

WHAT.

******************************

This chapter is kind of a small filler due to me still writing exams for my final year. though , I hope to update again properly after this week. Till then ,stay sane !