7.

~Blake's POV~.

"I'm not sure what is worse:intense feeling, or the absence of it."

"Blakely, I thinks it's time you and I have a chat." Logan slung his arm around my neck, dragging me downward. I grab his arm and push my free arm on a table for support to hold us both. Logan slurred his words, his eyes red and drooping at a fast pace.

"Okay buddy. Whatever you say." Patting him on the chest, he looks at the spot where my hand last was and snickers.

"You j-just hit me! Abussse!"

His words were deafened by the overpowering music the club gladly produced.

"Come on, buddy. I think, it's time to hit the hay. Sober up, take that nice 12 hour nap."

Logan glared at me uncertainly, probably seeing double, yet tries his best to show his dislike towards the suggestion.

"I really should've killed you when I had the chance."

"Bold of you to assume that I can die."

"Touche'."

"Come on."

Dragging him as I limp to the exit, I notice a familiar red head dancing on the bar, and a crowd cheering him on as he dances moves that only he can come up with. His voice is barely audible over the up beat music as he beckons me to join him.

"Blake, ya sour-puss. Join me!"

Quite frankly, I would rather swim in a pool full of questionable liquid than dance in front of so many people while being intoxicated.

"How about the alternative where you get down from there before you break your neck, and I'll drive you home."

His lip curled and he put his finger to his chin as if weighing is options in his mind. Slowly he moved down from the surface and stood in front of me.

"On one condition. You buy me ice cream from Karl's and some asprins, desperately."

He was probably going to hurl the ice cream back up right after he ate it, but I took the chance.

"You got yourself a deal, my friend." Slinging himself on my other side, I head out the building, the fresh winters air bringing me to calm and serenity.

"Shit. It's cold." Logan mumbled half unconscious.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."

I try to move along at a quicker pace before the bickering turns into a full on drunken fight. Unlocking the car, I carefully shove the two into the back, offering a bucket and water bottles.

"No hurling in my car, that's what the bucket's for. Water, sober up boys." I pat Danni on the chest and position myself as driver at front.

Checking my mirrors, I can see that Logan and Danni have curled into each other in their drunken state, sound asleep. Saves me an ice cream trip.

The car roars to life as I turn on the ignition. The sound of the familiar purr the car makes brings me at ease, and I close my eyes. Nothing beats a good car sound and the familiarity it can bring.

I reverse from the parking space, checking my mirrors while I do so, and then I accidently scraped a car. So much for my excellent driving skills.

Today is not the day to mess with me, and the person couldn't possibly know it was me who did it.

The drive home calmed me, it wasn't just the silent town this time of night, but possibly the joined snoring from the back of the car. Knowing everything works out itself, that time does heal a person.

My mind drifted to Torrelai as I drove. I missed her. The coconut smell her hair gives off, or the shine her beautiful eyes get when she's determined to do something. I've grown fond of her these past few weeks, even picking up small habits she does when she thinks no one notices. Curse words that slip under her breath when she's frustrated, when she exaggerates her mimic impressions of people in the room when we make fun of them. I suddenly felt the urge to witness it. Maybe I should call her. Arrange that date before she can chicken out. Yes. Good plan, me.

I stop at a traffic light, but the car in front of me jerked, making a chain effect on my own vehicle. My belongings on the front seat go flying, and so does Danni. Logan was still snoring his life away. I helped the unconscious Danni to the back of the car, checking for any injuries. None.

I was going to need an ice cream trip for myself. And that's what I did. I drove to Karl's ice cream shop, ordering three scoops of different flavours on a sugarcone.

A walk was in order. Taking my ice cream and my frustrations, I walked down the street, simply following the sidewalk. It's been awhile where I had time to just, think. Not worry about any family drama, drunk friends, girls or even work. Didn't help that I basically had two jobs. Oh the struggle of being born.

I gave up going to study in college, I rather chose work, unlike Logan and Danni. But I could probably still salvage this. It was time to make a plan of action, and get the two musketeers home. Jogging back to the car, I reach for my car keys in my back pocket, only to feel they're not there, and to make matters worse, when I reached the car, the back doors were open and my friends made a run for it.

----------------------------------------------------------