|| Zero ||

[Edited]

ZERO POV

   Once that stupid headmaster said that Akina and I had to separate for 2 weeks, just because of a stupid creature, I got mad. Why did I? I never knew. But, because of my anger, I split his desk in half with my fist and left, slamming the door behind me.

TIME SKIP 3 DAYS

   I'm walking to class with Yuki. The only reason I'm doing this is because I could see Akina's window from here. She would always look out from it. Although I could barely see her face, she would always wave. I thought that if she hung out with me, she would get in trouble. So, I turned around without waving or anything. I didn't know if she would be hurt or anything. I began to worry, and slightly turned my head around. Akina wasn't there anymore.

'I wonder if she was hurt.... Did I hurt her?'

   I sat in my seat, resting my head on my hand. I didn't care what was happening in class, so I let my mind wander. But, all I could think about was Akina. I still didn't know why. During lunch, I decided to skip the rest of class. I went to the back of the school, where Akina and I would always talk, and leaned against the concrete wall. My back slid against it when I was going to sit down on the grassy area beneath me. I sat there in silence for the rest of class, staring into the bright blue sky. The bell rung. I stood up and slowly walked towards the dorms. I looked up at Akina's window on my way back. She still wasn't there.

'I probably hurt her.' I thought.

   A day has past. I still haven't seen Akina. I heard that she's been skipping class for the whole week. I wondered what was wrong. While heading to class, I suddenly felt strange. In instinct, I looked back at Akina's window. I saw her holding her chest and her face showed that she was in pain. The only time I saw her face was when she was in pain. I clicked my tongue. Once she saw me staring at her, she smiled and waved. I furrowed my brows.

'Maybe she's just messing with me. Stupid girl.' I turned around. Then, I remembered what happened a few days ago. I raised my hand up and waved. I didn't want to look back.

   I heard from Yuki that Akina decided to go back to class. I thought that this means that she was okay. Then, I heard that she became ill and was sent to the nurse. I saw that thing, Kaname, as I was walking towards the infirmary with Yuki. I stared at the bracelet the stupid headmaster gave Akina and I. I don't want to hurt her more. All I did was stand outside of the room while the girls chatted.

Yuki: "I heard that you became ill during class."

Akina: "Yea...ill..."

When Akina said that, it made me curious why she said that in a sarcastic tone. There was silence so I peeked into the room.

"I-I mean... I'm okay~.... see?" Akina jumped up on her feet but collapsed on the floor right after. She was coughing heavily. My eyes widened as I stood right in front of the door.

"Akina!" I couldn't move one step. I felt useless as I watched Yuki pull Akina back onto the bed.

"Please, I want you guys to leave me be for a while." She looked towards Yuki, who understood and passed by me and left. She then looked towards me, smiled and waved. I knew what she meant. I turned and left. I began to think, 'something's wrong with her.... I know it's not an illness.' I told Yuki to go without me and hid behind some trees. I waited for a little while until Akina left the infirmary. I watched her as she struggled to walk back to her dorms. I tried not to get any closer to her. I didn't want her to know I was here. All I did was watch her until she reached her room. She collapsed a whole bunch of times which made me realize that it was something worse than an illness. I wanted to find out.

-

-

-

-

-

-

(Hi there minna~ Author speakin' I'm sorry if I didn't do Zero's character/personality right, I haven't watched vampire knight since last year and I have very bad memory, soo forgive me if I got his character wrong (´-ι_-`))