|| Truth ||

[Edited]

Akina's POV

   The two weeks of punishment have already passed. Zero and I had to meet up with the headmaster at different times, so the zapping pain won't hurt us. I was first. I walked into the headmasters office with no emotion showing on my face. He was working on taking off the bracelet on my wrist; therefore, I stood there for a while without doing anything. He looked up at me.

"Did you need something else?"

He did a closed eye smile, waiting for me to answer him. I sat across from him and looked down.

"U-Umm... Is it possible for me to drop out? I don't want to go to school anymore." I looked at him in the eye hoping he would understand.

"Why? Is all the people in your class bullying you~?" He pouted and stared at me with puppy dog eyes.

I shook my head and looked up at him.

"I just don't want to go to school anymore. I feel like I'm troubling others," I stood up and walked towards the door. Without turning around, I said "Please." and left closing the door silently.

   The reason I wanted to drop out was because when I died, I didn't want Zero or Yuki to find out that I've been poisoned and was going to die in 2 weeks. I decided to leave my clothes here. I can't change into them when I die anyway. After a while, I started staring out the window and spotted Zero heading out of the headmasters office. My heart started hurting again. I ignored it, poison or not. When I saw that he went back into his dorm, I've decided to go back to the headmasters office and ask him again.

   In front of the building, I made sure Zero or Yuki wasn't around before I entered.
TIME SKIP

I've got an 'O.K' from the hedmaster and started walking towards the gate.
ssshhk

I jumped and turned towards the noise coming from the bushes beside me. No one was there. 'It's probably just my imagination...'

I started running to get past the gate faster. A dark figure jumped right in front of me before I reached the gate. I stopped in my tracks and stared straight at it. It started walking towards me. The closer it got, the more clearly I could see it. My eyes widened, "Z-Zero, What are you doing here?"

He went up to me and glared at me.

"Why are you dropping out?"

"What?"

"I heard everything from the headmaster."

"ack... Well, he shouldn't have told you."

"Answer me."

"I asked you a question first, Zero."

We both stood there glaring at each other.
" sigh, I wanted to know the real reason why you are leaving."

"Well-"

"Is it because of your 'illness'?"

I looked down. I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to tell him because I might die in front of him. That would be horrible.
Why don't you tell him?
'Karen?'
yes, it's your loyal and loving friend haha.
'I have to ask you something...'
Well?
'What if I told him that I was dying, but I don't say it's because of the poison?'
Well~ do you want to find out?
'You are the one controlling the poison!'
It depends on my mood. I'll let you live if you say the words correctly, if you don't-
'I'll die...'
EXACTLY!

Karens voice disappears. Zero starts speaking again.

"You still didn't answer me."

I look up with sadness in my eyes.

"I-I don't have much longer to live." I close my eyes waiting if I said the right words. I did.
' I'm still living...'

"W-what do you mean?" His voice started to become shaky.

"I'm sorry but, that's all I can say. Good-bye."

I passed by Zero while looking down. I felt my arm being grabbed and turned to face Zero. He looked at we with worry in his purple eyes.

"How much longer can you live?"

"2..."

"2? 2 what?!"

"...weeks....2 weeks."

"How did this happen?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Why?"

"I told you, I can't"

I felt that I might burst into tears in a second. I couldn't look at him any longer. I tried tugging my arm out of his grip, but he wouldn't let me go. I kept tugging and tugging.

"Let me go!" He didn't budge.

"I said LET ME G-" He pulled me towards him and hugged me.

"Don't go." His breath was hot as it touched my neck. He looked directly into my eyes. He started inching closer to my face. I closed my eyes waiting for what happens next.

"Oh~ how sweet."

I look behind me in terror from hearing that voice, before our lips touched.

"K-Karen."

She had night black bat wings as she was flying behind me, smirking creepily at Zero and I. She pulled out a whip and whipped the end at my neck, choking me while lifting me up from the floor.

"I can't have you having a happy ending now, can I." She started laughing horridly.

"Akina!!" Zero was calling out to me. But, his voice was fading from my mind.

"Chiao, Zero-kun!" Karen waved at Zero before taking off. I blacked out from being choked for too long.
'will I die right now?'
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
yo, I hoped you guys liked this chapter! sorry for taking forever to post it~ I'll try even harder to post the next one fast and better.