Chapter 1

Chapter One

(Chloe's POV)

Two Years Later

"Chloe, get up!"

            I groan incoherently in my half-awake state and decide to ignore the voice nagging at me to get up.

            "Chloe Elizabeth Gillman, get up right now," my best friend shouts, latching onto my shoulders and shaking me like a rag in the wind. I snap my eyes open to scowl at her as all hopes of a small nap fly out of the window.

            "You're party is in three hours! You have to get ready," Lilah says urgently as I roll my eyes and shoot her a knowing look.

            "Do you think I care," I question as I roll over will a small grunt, "I've been attending these things for the past sixteen years and frankly, it gets old."

            Lilah purses her lips, "I know, but you have to go, Chloe! Your brother is becoming Alpha of the pack today!"

            I groan as I glance at myself in the mirror. I run my eyes over my disheveled hair, raccoon looking eyes (cutesy to my smudged mascara), and zombie like complexion.

            "Don't remind me," I grumble as I tear my eyes away from my undead looking reflection.

          She frowns, "I thought you'd finally be excited to be rid of your parents annoying Alpha and Luna restrictions."

            I pivot myself around to glare at her, "As you know, the whole Night Fury pack has been treating Eric like a second Alpha for the past six months just to get a feel about how he would be leading them. Obviously, the whole pack loves my brother and his even stricter rules so that means that I'll be under even closer watch than before."

            Lilah sighs and grips the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger, "You know you're brother is just trying to keep you safe. Besides, you're a white werewolf, which every pack desires to have and we have to keep you safe."

            Two years ago when I figured out I was a white wolf, my parents and I researched frequently to figure out all we could about white wolves and what makes them so special. When we came up with almost nothing, my father called over a close friend of the family, Gladia, to help with the situation. Since Gladia is a witch, she can practically smell power and would definitely be able to help with my small wolf problem. She leapt away from me in shock, her eyes wide in surprise after she read me. She told my parents all she knew about white wolves: they have the ability to dissolve their scent so enemies can't trace them down, they can create some sort of shield with their mind, preventing them from mental and physical danger, and they are often stronger, faster, and fiercer than normal female wolves. Apparently, they pain they experience in heat and shifting is worse than normal.

            I found that part absolutely wonderful.

            "So now you're siding with them?" I throw my hands up in the air.

            My best friend shakes her head, "I'm not siding with them, Chloe, you know this is the better option. You know that any pack would die to have you. That's not a punishment, it's a blessing."

            I grunt and plop myself down in a chair in the corner of my room, "It sure doesn't seem like a blessing. I just want my freedom, you know? When the clock hits midnight tonight, I'll be able to shift whenever I want. This is the day I was waiting for, but now, I can't because I'm a dumb white wolf and a threat to other packs."