Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

(Dylan's POV)

I finish discussing border patrolling details with my warriors and send half of them off to fill their positions until after dinner time. The other half are on night patrol so if they're smart, are dispersing to their rooms to catch some shuteye. It around eight in the morning and my beautiful Chloe hasn't woken up yet. Breakfast in the commons is at nine so I'm allowing her to get another half an hour of sleep before I wake her. I'm being considerate and thinking of giving her time to shower before she meets the eyes of her pack—I mean my pack's judgmental stares again.

            Make a mental note to punish those girls who were disrespecting their Luna, growls my wolf.

            I sigh in disappointment, They would be receiving a more severe punishment if they were aware that she was their Luna but instead, I'll have a stern talk with them this morning.

            Shame, my wolf grumbles, I wanted to rip their heads off their shoulders for whispering about my mate like that.

            You and me both, I reply, a small surge of anger filling my chest as I think of anyone disrespecting what's mine.

            I have to stay focused, though. I can't allow Chloe to control my actions, especially my actions as an Alpha. As much as I hate to admit it, my first priority is my pack and I can't have Chloe clouding my thoughts twenty four seven. Just thinking of Chloe now and her beautiful blonde waves of hair with striking blue eyes and firm curves has my pulse accelerating and my itch to be near her stronger.

            Maybe we should wake her up now, my wolf says suggestively, I'm sure I can come up with a few pleasant ways for her to wake up to us.

            My brain is suddenly flooded with delightful images of her waking up in our arms naked. I swallow and shut my wolf out so I don't get any temptations. Merely being around her is a temptation enough.

            Out of nowhere, Lilah bounds down the stairs into the empty commons.

            "Hey lover boy," she greets me, "why are you stupid enough to be standing alone in the cafeteria?"

            "Good morning Lilah," I say back, amused, "I just had a meeting with some of my warriors about patrolling and who's assigned what section of my territory. What are you doing up this early? No offense, but you don't seem to be a morning person."

            "That potato salad made me queasy last night so I decided to crash early. Ultimately, that results in me waking up sooner so now you have to deal with me."

            "I think we should talk anyway. We haven't been able to have hardly any conversations since you and Chloe entered my territory. You should come to my office so we can have a more private conversation."

            I begin to ascend the stairs with Lilah not too far behind me, "Don't you think Chloe will wake up to us 'having a conversation?'"

            I turn to glance at her when I reach the top of the stairs, "My walls are sound proof and my office locks nicely. Of course, a werewolf with anger issues and a lot of strength could easily bust down my door but it's not like he'd hear any piece of our conversation because my door is also sound proof and very solid."

            Lilah nods as if she's approving. I unlock my door and allow her to enter my office. Her head swivels around as she take a look at my expansive library and the moving bookcase which leads to my room.