two

as Mapleflash and i talked, i looked around nervously for him. he was mean, cruel.
and yet, he acted kind.
but i know the real him. he hates cats like her and i, the.. 'malfunctions,' as he called us. we would never have kits, and he considered that a disgraceful waste.
as i walked in to the warriors' den with Mapleflash, i continued thinking. what if he was right? do i really love Mapleflash? maybe it didn't matter. or maybe i'm the right one. yes, i told myself. i am the right one, i'm always right!

"Whisperleaf? Did you hear me?" Mapleflash asked, her eyes full of concern.

i looked over at her, and said, "i didn't, Mapleflash,"

"well, i suppose it's nonsense anyway," she said dismissively, "i shouldn't bother you with it."

i blinked, my long tail blowing in the breeze. "i need to know everything!" i said, incredibly curious.
Mapleflash

"I love you. Can you do the same? Love yourself?"

i remained silent and still. after a long, awkward silence, i simply nodded.

as i dreamed, i suddenly appeared in an empty plain. narrowing my eyes in suspicion, i padded around, looking for cats. the sky was empty, except for the seemingly small and dim sun, and the land was full of nothing but dirt and grass. i ran, searching for something. i tried to wake up as the sun got bigger and bigger, but i couldn't. i could feel eyes on me, yet i couldn't find them. i felt like screeching, but it seemed i couldn't say a word, or rather i could only say one.
"Hello?"

"Hello?!"

i yowled, wailing and running. i had ran far from where i started, and yet it seemed as if i was running in place. it was lonely, and i was filled to the brim with fear.

suddenly, cats appeared. but they were not of StarClan, nor the Place of No Stars: they were strange, mysterious cats. they looked to be rogues and kittypets, fighting. i tried to run, but my body was instead slowly walking towards them.

"no!" i screamed.

the cats didn't acknowledge me, or they were unaware that i existed. i wished my clanmates were the same.

i was forced to watch as they all fought each other, killing and killing and killing. cat after cat, after cat, after cat. even when the last two remained, and one was the winner. i screeched in fear as the victorious cat padded towards me, and thought that it was the end. they were gonna kill me. it was gonna kill me.

but they just smiled.

"are you proud yet, sister?"

i wished i could reply, but it was as if my mouth didn't exist, that it was missing.

i have no siblings.

suddenly i awoke, screeching and hissing the second i could. the sun was out, around sunhigh. everyone was gone, and i looked around in case he was still there. and there he was.

staring at me, his pelt ghostish but neither the Dark Forest or StarClan.