••×c h a p t e r 22ו•

••×c h a p t e r  22ו•

Z' POV.

IT'S been a week ever since I was forced to take care of Mist while he's on his bunny form. After learning things about Saphités and demon animals, I became fond of him just sleeping on the edge of the bed, either staring at me or eating the letuce, carrots, cookies or milk I feed him.

He's growing so fast.

"Mist." I sat beside him and patted his head before pressing a soft kiss on top of his forehead.

Its not that I like kissing him, its just stated in the book I found in the Library that the more affectionate you are, they grew fast and connects more to its Saphité. And it is stated there that bunny likes it when its Saphité kisses his forehand.

"Its boring you know? Why don't you just connect to me already so you'll understand me and I'll understand you." I groaned, laying my back on the bed.

He hopped on my stomach giddily as his doe eyes stared at me in wonderment, his bunny teeth slightly showing.

He snuggled closer to me like a real pet cuddling his face on my neck. Its not easy connecting with an animal. You can tell him how you feel and what you think, but he wouldn't just understand your pain or thoughts the way you want it. It's easy to tell him by words, but no matter how we try so hard, they'll never know our pain. Creatures don't understand each ones pain. Small cuts might look painful for you, yet for them its funny. Bigger wound might look critical for others, yet for you its normal. Everyone has different pain tolerance.

"Z. . . you've been cheerful lately." My eyes went wide. Jolting up from the bed, my eyes landed on the window.

Storm was there, sitting.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" I curtly asked.

"I was checking on Mist." He stood and walked towards Mist, petting his fur. "Did you know that when the demon animal is happy its Saphité is happy too?"

I raised him a brow... I didn't remember reading anything like that. I shook my head no.

He let out a stream of chuckled before continuing, "Your mood depends on him. You made him happy that's why you're cheerful. But, he's feelings depends on you. If you're sad, in pain, or hurt... He'll experience it in much more greater impact."

"How did you know about that?" I asked as my eyes landed on Mist who seemed annoyed by him.

Storm wiggled his brow and pinched me. I yelped in pain, but what I didn't expect was Mist landed on the ground in with a strong impact and stood up attacking Storm.

Sharp nails formed on the tip of his paws, as his forehead creased and white aura surrounded him and with a fast speed of phase, Storm and I got shock when he tackled Storm so hard that made him stumbled back on his butt.

I immediately made my way to Mist and hugged him, whispering charms to his ears to calm him down.

"I-I didn't expect him to be that strong." Storm mumbled, standing up.

This time it was me who chuckled. "So that means, he's form isn't a useless one."

I chuckled, but soon stopped when Mist's paws hit my arms. I looked at him. He looked upset, I can imagined him in his normal human form pouting and whining at me.

Ahh... So the bunny doesn't like being called useless?

"You see, Z. You just have to have more experience and things to do with him. You need to bond in order to connect faster. He reacts at everything you feel and you can understand every mood he had. You have to make use of that and by just another week or so. . . your problem with him is solved. He'll go back to school then." Storm winked before patting Mist's head, but Mist dodge it earning a frown form Storm.

"Anyways, why did you tell me this?" I asked Storm, knowing that there's a reason for him to be helping me improve connection with Mist.

"Well, the head master told me about you and Mist not having any process. And I miss my best friend already, so please connect fast!" He finally had a chance to pinch Mist on his cheeks and moved out of my room, biding a quick 'bye'

Mist hop off of me and made his way to my bed. He stood there hands curve like any bunny could do and one foot tapping countlessly.

"What?" I threw him a glare.

The bunny rolled his eyes on me and turned his back. Oh god! does the bunny knows how to react and have feelings now?

I grabbed my towel and slammed the door shut as soon as I'm inside the bathroom. I held my chest, a gloomy feeling enveloped my heart. I feel upset.

Is this how Mist feels right now? It felt like I wasn't in the mood.

I can't believe our connection progressed so fast by just one interaction. He's indeed a powerful demon. He's not normal.

He's really special.

--

A/N: A boring one.