𝙫. jill vs. the homo sapiens agenda

chapter fivejill vs

chapter five
jill vs. the homo sapiens agenda

☼ ☽

          There were parts of herself that Jill hated; parts she couldn't even understand

There were parts of herself that Jill hated; parts she couldn't even understand. She was a child born from flames, an unwieldy wrath burning through her viscera. Her hands were always clenched into fists, prepared to land a sucker punch on anyone who pushed her the wrong way. Her mother had seen this when she was a child. She even tried to have her talk to a therapist when she was around six, but Jill didn't want to talk. Yet, her mother didn't listen to the girl and instead of being an obedient child, Jill bit the therapist who was just trying to find the root of her anger. This, obviously, landed the Samsons in a small lawsuit.

Her father started to work more, oftentimes even sleeping in his cubicle so he wouldn't have to rush to the department every day. This was when he still worked for a company. It was before he got himself fired and he had to use his teaching degree to get a job at the elementary school; before Elizabeth Phenny left and became a memory.

Elizabeth was still there in ways Jill wished she wasn't, haunting her like a ghost. She wanted her mom back. She really just wanted her mom in the flesh not in some fucked up figment of her mind. But she understood why she left, she just wished it didn't hurt so much.

There were elements to Jill that her father had passed onto her—her anger, an incorrigible disease which plagued her mind. Though he didn't show it, David Samson was often plagued by the same disease he had passed onto his daughter. So Jill couldn't be mad at her mother for leaving when she understood the reason. After all, who would want to wait around and watch their daughter turn into the man they had grown to hate?

The whole thing just made Jill more angry. Sometimes she'd find herself refraining from punching a wall and other times she'd give in. Either way, it always ended in chaos. Except when Beverly was around. With Beverly, the air smelled better, almost clearer and everything seemed like it would turn out okay in the end. With Beverly, the world didn't seem so cruel.