Calling for Help

Richie

I heard a low crash from outside, I decided to look outside the window and I saw a figure of a girl. Her, Ronnie.

I screamed for their help: "GUYS! LILI! OUTSIDE! NOW!" I could barely speak full sentences from what I had just seen.

The Losers and I then rushed outside, the woman that hit her fucking drove off like a skeez. I held her shoulders shaking them "Come on Lilian! Please wake up! I need you to wake up!" I saw a huge gash on her forehead, her blood went all over my shirt, and she had some cuts and bruises.

Bill ran inside to call his parents and the Losers surrounded our sunshine, I then whispered into her ear "If you can hear me, please stay" Bill's parents took her in the car and drove to the hospital.

We all biked behind the car, we arrived and we threw our bikes to the ground. Rushing behind Lili. She was registered into the ER and was in "critical condition"

I was tapping my foot anxiously in the waiting room and I felt someone pat my shoulder. "Richie, she's going to fight. Even if she's not in a relationship with you she'll fight for you" "you think so, Eds? Cause I'm beginning to lose hope" I mumbled.

After a few hours, the doctor then came in with some news. And he said "Okay, she can have visitors. But family only." I got up with the Denbroughs and the doctor stopped me "are you her relative?" "I'm her family friend" I then speed-walked to the Denbroughs to see how my sunshine was doing.

I entered the room and she had an oxygen mask on and IV plugged into her arm. She laid down peacefully and I sat in the chair closest to her, holding her hand.

Then Bill's dad asked me "So, tell me son. How'd this happen?" I stammered "Well sh-she was hit by a car, but it seemed like the driver drove off and forgot about her" "Oh my god" Bill's mom said as she put her hand up to her forehead in disappointment.

I then felt a squeeze on my hand. I flinched towards Lik and she squeezed my hand again. I energetically said "I think she's starting to wake up" Bill's mom came closer to her and whispered something to her. I couldn't tell what she was saying though.

After she squeezed my hand, she hadn't moved for hours. I then fell asleep next to her peacefully holding her hand.

As time went by I was thinking: "Why would she want to stay? she doesn't have anyone left. No sister, No brother, no father, nor mother. Even if it hurt to know that she wants to stop trying, I would understand. Yeah I have a shit Mom and a dead dad but at least I have a parent. She doesn't have anyone"

She has nothing left.