Can't Wake Up

Lilian

I checked out of the hospital room, changed my clothes and went to Richie's room instead of leaving.

I told the Denbroughs that my dad was home and I'll be home by curfew, except I wont be.

I entered his room quietly and sat beside him, "hey." I whispered. "I miss you Richie, I woke up for you, I hope you can do the same. You have no idea how much I want you to wake up so I can be able to hear your cracking voice speak." I slightly giggled.

"Just know, we all want you to come back. But I need you to come back, I'm nothing without you. I'll admit I was an idiot when you came by my house a few days ago I was stupid not to end this bickering between us; our relationship might be messy and spontaneous, but we have something, Its not quite a relationship or a friendship; Its our thing. I know that makes literally no fucking sense but I hope you can understand."

Richie

I understood. I understood everything she said and I agree, I just wanna wake up and be able to see her beautiful face again. I don't wanna die, I can't. If I do I wont forgive myself for what I've caused.

I remembered that night when she came to my house, I was stupid enough not to say anything and act like a dumb fuck.

But the thing is, I got to lay beside her and feel her breathing against my neck again. I wanna feel that again. I wanna live for her just like she did for me.

Suddenly, I could the white lights. NO! This can't happen, I CAN'T LEAVE HER I'M
NOT READY!

Lilian

Richie's heart monitor had a flatline, I was yelling for the nurse anxiously. They quickly tried to revive him and I was crying my eyes out hoping for the best.

They sat for the next 5 minutes trying. I was almost sure he was dead.

Until his heart monitor started to beep again, I quickly sighed in relief, tears still in my eyes I held his hand with both of mine and I whispered: "Thank you Richie, I love you"

Richie

When she spoke I felt her breath on my neck, I could feel. I was awake.

I fluttered my eyes open gently and she smiled as tears slid down her cheeks. "Happy you're back four eyes." she then gave me a quick peck on the lips and exited the room.

She left me astonished by her unpredictable actions.

A couple minutes later, the Losers came with cake, gifts, and balloons.

We all sat together for a while until everyone had to go home. Lili stayed, she sat beside me and bit her lip, not sexually; actually like she was full of sadness

"Richie, make me another promise and please don't break it." She confided. "What is it, Lil?" I asked "Please don't harm yourself for anyone, I'm sorry for the pain I caused you." "I'm Sorry, I promise." I mumbled.

"No. I'm sorry." She confirmed. I gestured for her to come and lay down next to me, then we cuddled, our foreheads touching one another scared to leave each other's arms.

"I Love You Richard Trashmouth Tozier"

"I Love You Lilian Trashmouth Jones"

There was this moment of silence and then she grabbed my hand tightly. She cried, but also smiled at the same time: "I'm happy you decided to come back."

"You too." I said as I shed a tear, then for the rest of the night we slept next to each other.

We were both sick and tired of the world mistreating us. We were outcasts. We were the outcasts of a group of outcasts.