State Of Mind

Lilian

I had started to forget what true happiness was really like, and I never felt content with anything the past few days.

Bill told me to rest my mind calm myself, and he would come up with a plan. It's been 2 weeks, yet no red balloons, voices, or blood.

I got lost in my endless train of thoughts that I didn't even realize my phone was ringing. Billy came into my room.

"Hey Lili, the telephone's a bit noisy, could you please pick it up?" he asked, sweetly.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my daze, looking at him. He then pointed towards my bedside table and I finally realized.

"Oh...okay, thanks." I said listlessly. I picked up the phone, and a voice I didn't expect to hear rang through my ears, making me feel a little reassured.

"Hey Lil!" She said cheerfully, with hope laced in her voice.

I hadn't heard her voice in so long I had begun to forget what she sounded like.

"Oh...hey." I languidly said.

I simply had no energy to keep my eyes open and to breath; let alone talk.

Whenever I spoke it felt like a thousand knives were being stabbed into my vocal chords, preventing me from letting out a single welp or sigh.

"So, um...I know with everything going on, and how sad you've been. I was thinking, why don't we go to a party? Get wasted? And have us a good time?" She asked willingly.

to be completely honest with you, I don't know the reason behind her choosing to call me, and I appreciated the fact that she had considered to call me.

But I just couldn't pull myself together to go.

"I...Bev, I don't know if it's the best idea right now." I politely declined.

I felt bad for saying no, she was only trying to ameliorate my melancholy.

"Please...It could be healthy! You haven't left the house in two weeks for fuck's sake!" She begged like a kid asking for ice cream.

"I'm sorry, I can't." I finalized my decision.

How would I have the audacity to be out partying, while my boyfriend is probably going through hell right now, with his precious life counting on me.

wait for me.

Shortly after, the bell of the house rang through my ears.

The door was opened and I could hear Mrs. Denbrough chit-chatting with whoever was at the door happily.

Then this person sped up the stairs, and went into my room.

"You're getting dressed, and going to the party with me and that's final." She commanded confidently.

"I...I'm not sure..." I whispered, sound barely coming out of me.

"BILL! HEY BILL!" she shouted running to his room.

she came back to mine with her fingers grasped around his wrist.