Chapter 8 - Forgetful

-----------------------------------------------
To: Goofball360

From: Mr.GneissGuy

Sent: 7:02 a.m

It's Friday!

You are about to be done with your first week of school!
Congratulations my goofball for surviving your first week, I'm shedding a singular tear of pride.

I hope you have your list prepared by now because if not, I'm not going to give you any more clues until our 8th friendaversary. It would be a shame to miss out on another year without getting to see my face.

Speaking of seeing my face, I want to plan ahead a little and ask you some very important questions.

Am I allowed to hug you and never let you go?
How attached to your left hand are you? (I plan to hold it for a while)
Can I come to watch you compete in rock climbing?
Is your favorite flower still the daffodil?
Will you still trust me with your thoughts and feelings (and hopefully heart) when you finally know me outside of the virtual realm?

These are the things that woke me up early today so the sooner you answer them the better. Anyway, I finally cleaned my converse so they look almost brand new so that's cool I guess.

Something that you should know about me is that I live in a part of America where the oldest type of rock is Precambrian metamorphic rock with a hint of super old argillite.

There are a lot of caverns and caves that my dad and I go exploring in whenever he's home.

Maybe I'll take you there for one of our many dates. I know you said you wanted to meet me before you decide to date me but trust me, I am going to charm you so hard you won't be able to resist me.

Imagine...
flowers, hugs, sweet tarts (Since you don't like chocolate) and a devoted friend for the rest of your life.

Did it work yet? Are you pre-charmed?

I'll just assume that it has for now.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god, he is such a goober.

The chime of my email woke me up early but it was totally worth missing sleep for.

This guy was going to pay for all the times he made me blush and giggle at a phone screen, making me feel like a complete idiot all the time. I sat up in bed and tossed the covers to the side waking Ferris who groaned a little at the prospect of having to get out of his comfy spot.

I looked outside my window and saw that the sun was just starting to rise over the mountaintops and it looked like it was going to be one of those picture perfect days.

I got dressed in my running clothes and silently thanked Guy for waking me up 2 hours before planned so that I could go for a run.

I was stretching in my living room when the house phone began to ring. There are only a couple of people that have that number so I knew it was worth picking up.

"Hello?" I asked while lunging forward and stretching my calves.

"Hey chicka, I am glad I caught you. The head of the competition just sent me an email early this morning with some information pertaining to you."

This was so like my trainer, jumping over the formalities and getting straight to the point.

"What's up?" I asked, switching legs.

"Well, they need you out in New Mexico Monday morning for a photo shoot. They want to run a big advertisement campaign a week before the competition and need their top competitors to come in. I have already booked your fight for early Monday morning so that you will get in by 8. You can stay for the entire week if you would like but I need to know now since I have the travel agent on the other line. What do you say?"

She didn't make it sound like I even had a choice at this point so I responded with an adult response of, "Uh, yeah."

I heard her sigh a little on her end of the line, "Uh, yeah you want to stay the whole week or do you need to get back earlier? I figured you might like some practice time out on the cliffs."

I shook my head no but then rolled my eyes when I remembered that she couldn't see me, "No, I'll stay the week, I don't have anything else going on."

"Okay perfect! Expect an email from me later today with all the information and make sure that you print out your tickets before you get to the airport. I will be meeting you in New Mexico when you land. You're the best! Make sure you get an extra run in before the flight!"

I heard a click and I took the phone away from my ear in a daze.

A photo shoot?

I have never had to do one of those for a competition before so I have no idea what to expect.

I put my earbuds in and secured my phone in my armband and left the basement for the safety of the trails. I was halfway through my route when I skidded to a stop.

Holy crap I am such an idiot!

I have school next week!

How could I have been so stupid and forget such an important detail as that?

Ugh, I have no idea what to do about this. I need to talk to my teacher to see what she thought about me missing a week of class. We didn't have a test next week so hopefully, she will be okay with me having to miss.

If not, I can always forge my mom's signature again.

I got back from my run an hour later and took a shower at the speed of light so that I could get to school before class started. I was debating on whether or not I had time to respond to Guy before I left.

I wanted to be able to answer all of his silly questions but I also didn't plan out my hints yet so I needed to buy myself some time. I pocketed my phone into my jacket and decided to think of my answers on the drive to school.

I did, however, take the time to write out a note from my "mom" that excused me from class all next week. I wanted to have a back up ready just in case my teacher wasn't so understanding of the situation.

I shrugged on my backpack and hopped onto Sunshine, finally ready to get to school and get this over with.