Chapter 7 - Bowling!

It was Oscar.

 He was dressed in his gym clothes again had a thin layer of sweat on his forehead. His hair was slicked back, making him look as if he belonged in a 1950's hair advertisement. His eyes connected with mine and shock turned into something else as he let out a deep chuckle.

"Are you okay?" he asked, picking himself up and offering me a hand. 

I clasped onto his hand and watched as his concern turned into a dimpled smile. 

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for side tackling you though, I wasn't watching where I was going."

 He let go of my hand and waved off my apology. He looked at me for a second and then back in the direction of what looked to be gym doors. 

"Yeah I figured, I was just trying to get out of class for a second. Coach has us doing laps around the gym and I couldn't handle running in a circle another second," he scratched the back of his neck, swept his hair back and shifted from foot to foot.

"So what are you doing out of class?" he asked after a few seconds of glancing anywhere but at me. 

"Oh! I really have to go to the bathroom! Do you know where one is?" 

His dimple returned and he pointed to something behind me, "right there."

I thanked him and turned to walk into the restroom but he called out, "Lana wait." 

I turned back, wondering how much longer I could hold it in before I burst, "Yeah?" I asked curtly, I wasn't trying to be rude but I really was in desperate need of the bathroom.

"Bowling!"

When he didn't elaborate I motioned for him to continue and he chuckled nervously, "Oh, well the group is planning to go bowling tomorrow night. Would you maybe, um, maybe want to join us?"

"I would love too! Just let me know when and where and I'll be there but if you don't mind, I really need to pee." 

He beamed from ear to ear, blue eyes sparkling with excitement, "Awesome. Yeah okay, cool."

He then turned and disappeared back into the gym with a little more enthusiasm than I expected. 

I dashed into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I was washing my hands when I heard the bell ring. 

Crap, I totally missed the rest of class. 

I dried my hands off and darted back out into the hallway so that I could get back to the theater to grab my stuff. 

I walked through the auditorium doors and stopped when I saw that Drew was talking to Sarah. 

He was whispering something at her angrily and she was just shrugging her shoulders and smiling at him. He caught my entrance out of the corner of his eyes, and his dark ones pierced me like an arrow.

He said one last thing to Sarah before walking towards me.

 As he was passing me, Sarah called out, "See you at home, my dear sweet brother!" 

He turned to her and glared and then looked at me with an unreadable expression. 

Turns out he has the darkest blue eyes I have ever seen. I would have loved to look at them longer if they weren't attached to the boy who was currently radiating annoyance like a heater. He looked away and sulked off without saying anything. 

He really was cold and standoff-ish.

"I was going to try and come find you so that I could give you this," Sarah was standing next to me and holding out my backpack.