Chapter 27 - Friday

Today is the day.

I am finally going to get to officially meet Guy in person. I mean I'm fairly certain that he's Austin but still, it's very exciting to finally know for sure.

I couldn't help but smile as I thought of him and his incredibly handsome face.

My excitement didn't last long the minute I thought about Oscar and Mia. She won't respond to my texts but I knew it was a long shot to actually get a response from her.

I still haven't heard from Guy yet either which I thought was strange. He's been oddly quiet on his end and I couldn't figure out why.

I sat down in my usual seat in the theatre and looked around. Drew and Austin weren't there but I was surprised to see Sarah. She was sitting in the back looking at her phone, completely oblivious to the world around her.

I grabbed my back pack and headed back towards her to keep her company.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" I asked.

She looked up from her phone and then patted the seat next to her.

"What's up?" I asked, shoving my bag under the seat.

"Just the usual," she mumbled, finishing a text before putting her phone away. "I heard you're coming to the game tonight," she smiled.

"Yeah! I'm excited about it," I beamed.

"I also heard your planning to meet Austin after the game," she teased.

"Well yeah, we have tentative plans to hang out after."

"So your planning on coming to the party afterward then?" she asked.

"I didn't know there was a party," I admitted.

"Oh, well I'm sure Austin was going to invite you but you have to come! I'll be there and since we are probably going to win this game the party should be pretty awesome," she said with excitement.

"I'll think about it," I decided.

I have never been to a party before and it's not what I was expecting for my first date with Guy to be. I'm sure he has his reasons for going so I guess I will just have to follow along with his plan. He might have something planned for after the party anyway.

I sat through a lecture on Shakespeare's and was constantly checking my phone for the time. I didn't want to miss Oscar before he heads for lunch so I planned to leave class a few minutes early to catch him.

I raised my hand and got excused to use the bathroom. I grabbed all my stuff, not planning to come back and told Sarah I would see her later tonight.

The minute I was out of the auditorium I broke into a run towards the gym. There was no way I was going to miss Oscar. I needed to explain my side to him because he deserved to know.

I stood outside the gym doors for a minute while I debated on what I should do. I could go in now to make sure Oscar knows I'm here but I didn't want to interrupt his class.

I pulled out my phone to check the time and heard the door to the gym open. I snapped my head up and was happy to see that it was Oscar. He looked like he had been running again since his hair was pushed back out of his face.