fourteen

"all it takes is a little heartbreak"

//

It's been a couple of weeks since Rose has been in NYC. She's loving it, not as much as she loves the sun and the beach, but otherwise she loves it.

It was a Saturday morning and Rose was out on her balcony. She was watching the sunrise in all its glory. The beautiful colors and the streets of New York, the sounds beaming even in the early morning.

For a split second, she almost forgot she was in New York. Just a second, she thought she was back in her cozy apartment just off of the LA streets.

As the noise increased, Rose sighed and turned to go inside. A voice called out almost seeming next to her and the line seemed so familiar. Almost as if it has come out of her mouth.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

Rose paused, thinking back.

She turned to face the mystery voice. She squinted her eyes but it wasn't light enough to see.

She exhaled deeply, "Yeah it is, isn't it." She turned back to the view of the city.

"You seem a bit lonely," The voice stated. "Sorry, that came off pushy."

"Ellie," They sighed. "The names Ellie."

"Rose."

"Hi Rose, are you new around here?" She asked. "That apartment has been vacant for some time now."

"Yeah, but I'm only staying for a short time."

"My home is," Rose paused. "is in California." She finally spoke up.

"Sounds like a good place to live, too bad I'm moving to Florida in about," She paused. "about 2 hours."

"That means I have to head to the airport right about now."

"Nice meeting you Rose."

"You too, Ellie."

Rose sighed and stepped back into her temporary home.

The weeks have been going by pretty fast, sometimes she'll even forget why she was in NYC other than just being there for the fun of it.

A fresh start was indeed what she needed.

She would still talk to Jonah and Zach, according to Instagram April and Jack are dating, and Corbyn and Christina are always talking.