Flirting in the car and a new nickname

Alexander PoV

Today we were all going camping for the weekend. I was so glad Herc could drive, John could also drive but he didn't have a car. Once all our stuff was tightly packed into the back, and we were all in, The car began moving and soon we were on our way to the forest. "It's good to get out of the city" I said from the back seat, John was next to me and Laf was at the front "yeah, I miss when there was no phones or computers and we used to go scream in the streets while extremely drunk, and then some British guy would always come along and be all 'no to the revolution' and we'd be all 'yes to the revolution" Laurens talked about his past while staring out the window, a smile on his lips as he spoke. I didn't mind that he sometimes went on and on about his life, he'd seen so much, it was quite interesting. "Oh, I should probably tell the girls we'll be away this weekend" I took out my phone, we agreed we'd only use our phones when we had to.

Alexander: so I should tell you that me, Laf, Herc and John are going camping this weekend so we won't be around

Angelica: why didn't you tell me sooner?

Alexander: sorry -3-

Angelica: it's fine, just don't get eaten by werewolves

Alexander: we won't

I put my phone back in my pocket and began to stare at my lover as he watched the world go by out the window. He had rolled the window down and his hair was blowing in the harsh wind that was hitting his freckled face, that was burning slightly since exposed to sunlight but it wasn't that bad. I smiled when once again I couldn't think of anything else than Laurens and how everything about him was perfect, I didn't care that he killed people, all I cared about was having him by my side. Even though we were together now, I couldn't stop feeling like a 12 year old girl with a crush on the cutest guy in a boy band. I noted the fact that John's eyes were actually a slight red mixed with brown, but it was hard to notice, and just made him look even cuter and hotter. "Alexander mon ami, John is going to, how you say? Be creeped out by how much you are staring at him" I snapped out of my daydream and looked over to see Lafayette leaning around to look at the back seats, I blushed and John giggled "is it a problem Jackie?" I asked. Laurens shook his head "not at all, I do the same thing sometimes." He put his hand on mine, that was currently placed beside me on the seat. Our fingers weaved together like a straw basket and the other's cold skin sent shivers down my spine. "A-am I too cold?" John asked nervously. I took his hand and kissed it like something you'd see in a fairytale "as cold as an ice-cube, but that just makes you my little snowflake" I enjoyed making up nicknames, especially when they made people laugh like John did. "I like that name" The Vampire put his hood up while speaking since the sun was beginning to hurt. We both laughed again when Herc made a fake gagging noise and said "gross" at the end of the gag.

After a while of driving, we got to the forest and found a place to set up camp.