Story 1.2

"How can you be a rat?! Look at you! You're smaller than Cloé and I mean it when I say that she is smaalllll. Seriously, I've never met a rat as small as you! When I first saw you I thought 'Wow that a small one' and then later I thought 'Oh, he was searching for food, yeah obviously, he realllly needs it'. All joking aside, even when we found Cloé after she starved for like 3 days, she was still bigger than you!''

Lan Youzheng felt three parts anger, two parts insulted and one part shocked. How could such a little creature be so infuriating? He was pretty sure this world could do without this chatterbox of a mouse. Sadly, once Jaq felt the killing intent radiating from Lan Youzheng he quickly made Gus shut up by shoving a piece of cheese in his mouth. After he made sure Lan Youzheng didn't make a move, he quietly let out a sigh of relief.

Before Gus could continue with his speech, Jaq said: "Lan, again I apologize for this idiot. He doesn't have a filter on his speech and he has some screws loose. Don't mind me asking but where do you come from? We have had a rat family living in the basement, but they weren't as undersized as you."

"I'm from the basement."

"WHA-" Jaq quickly shoved another chunk of cheese in Gus' mouth. "Do you want us to go deaf?!" Jaq hissed at Gus.

"I was born two weeks ago." Lan Youzheng explained "I had a few brothers and sisters but they disappeared, I don't know where they went. I was exploring the house and I got hungry, so I went to the kitchen."

"So, then-" Jaq wanted to confirm if Lan Youzheng was alone, however Gus was faster. "Then you can live with us! We got a nice home, you know. There are a few others but they're really nice. We got Alex, he's a good guy. Then you got the twins Alice and Allison, they're nice as well, just a bit fussy and chatty. I mean, they were complaining that I was eating too much cheese! Which is just complete nonsense. I already mentioned Cloé, she is the smallest of us. Well, not anymore if you join us, I mean, you're going to join us, right? Then there-"

This time, both Jaq and Lan Youzheng completely ignored Gus's rambling. "If you don't come live with us, he will keep on pestering you." Jaq whispered. Lan Youzheng didn't know how to respond. On one hand, the mice probably knew more about the mansion and its residents than he did. On the other hand, he will have to put up with Gus. Lan Youzheng decided to consult System if he had a function to mute certain characters.

[System had found one skill according to Host's s search query]

[Selective hearing - makes one focus on the important matters <20 points> <not learned>]

[Host has currently 0 points]

Lan Youzheng swore he could hear system laughing.

A little girl walked slowly into her room, her face was stained with tears

A little girl walked slowly into her room, her face was stained with tears. She was wearing a light blue gown which made her face look even paler. After she shut the door she ran to her bed. Jumping face down, she lay silently not moving a finger.