Story 2.2

[Does Host suspect System of lying?]

'I never said that, it's just that you are the definition of untrustworthy.'

[That hurts Host!]

[Host should give System a chance to explain. In this world a lot of different beings live among humans. Host has taken over the body of Vance Dahlgard, a merman. Merpeople have three forms: human, fish and a hybrid form, for which the merpeople are most known. As a being that heavily relies on water, being both fish and human at the same time maximizes the body's potential. Isn't that great Host? System has given you a body which can transform~]

'That still doesn't explain why I am swimming around...If I'm able to have a human body, why would I attend high school as a fish?'

[Sorry Host, System has only received general information about the world]

'System, I sincerely want to thank you for being such a nice companion...'

[Thank y-]

'I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!!!'

[But Ho-]

'If you keep on talking, I'll kill myself by jumping out of this bowl. I'm able to access the dimension space by myself, so you are not needed anymore!'

[Host, please don't leave System alone!!!]

'Goodbye.'

[H-]

'Shut up!'

Lan Youzheng felt that he should have done this much earlier. Hopefully, he could quickly fix this story and go back to the Library in order to find a way to abort this stupid WTF mission.

He observed the class room. A middle aged teacher with thick brown glasses was reading aloud form a textbook. A few students were diligently taking notes, but most of them were talking to each other or playing on their mobile phone. 

Lan Youzheng was quite interested as he never went to high school. Feng Xinteng would always tell him stories about high school. However he had never entered one. Lan Youzheng remembered how he was always secretly jealous of him, jealous of him going to school, jealous of him having more friends, jealous of him being popular...Looking back on it Lan Youzheng found himself extremely immature.

In the end his immaturity caused that accident. Lan Youzheng could still remember the blood on his hands. The sirens wailing in the background and the smile on Feng Xinteng's face. Feng Xinteng never blamed him, but every time Lan Youzheng would see him struggle his guilt would only increase.

Why did the sixteen-year-old Lan Youzheng wish for a normal life? He should have known better, sixteen years has that family ruled over his life. Why did he think that he would be able to escape? Why did he think that sacrificing his best friend would set him free?

 Why did he think that he would be able to escape? Why did he think that sacrificing his best friend would set him free?