•Chapter XII

Chapter 12: Girls Day Out

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

-Unknown

6 months later...

¤Daniella POV¤

A year and and a month we been together and I'm really starting to rethink my decision.

Shopping has been....interesting today. Alexis been giving Dominique the stink eye and attitude. Shit she can't be mad with no one but herself. You gave the next woman you man. If she was doing her job then he wouldn't have left. Hell why is she still stuck on the past?

I tell you these young girls tryna play a grown woman game an they losing. I thought she was over this by now after trying to kill herself. I don't even know why I let Blaze talk me into bringing her stuck up stupid ass. I'm not a babysitter.

They could've took her with them on this "business trip". He had to pay me to do this or I wasn't going to do it.

I noticed she was staring at Nique like she a parasite or something contagious.

"Girl you need to stop. You let the next woman take your place so get over it." she rolled her eyes.

"She didn't take my place." she said.

"Sure she didn't." I said rolling my eyes. I was looking at some maxi dresses. You can never go wrong with them.

"Can we just shop and let the past be the past?"

"You should ask yourself the same question." I said walking away.

We spent most of the day shopping until we wanted to get something to eat. But the tension was somewhat thick.

¤Dominique POV¤

I was having a good time except for Alexis. If she was gone throw shade I don't even know why she came wth us. Ella and I wasn't even giving her petty ass the time of day.

We were sitting in the food court talking and Lexis had to make smart comments along the way. We just ignored her.

I had to use the bathroom so I excused myself from the table. I was washing my hands when I heard the bathroom door open. I looked up to see Alexis. She rolled her eyes.

"Listen your attitude and hatred not doing nothing to me hunny. But I'd be lying if I said green doesn't fit you."

"You don't know shit about me."

"Oh trust me I do. Hakeem told me everything." she got quiet.

"He will always love me. If he finds out something happens to me he'll come to my rescue. I know Hakeem he'll always be there." she spat back.

"Touché. Maybe some of that is true but you do know over time people change? Haha you cute lil mama but you playing a grown woman game. He may love you but he's not in love with you. You couldn't even keep your legs closed sweetheart. You let a damn good man slip right through your fingers. You see I used to hate being a plus size girl but you know what I made a change. I started to feel myself get comfortable in my skin. Love myself before I tried to love anyone else. You on the other hand opened your legs to how many niggas? You kissed how many niggas? Guess where he was when you tried to kill yourself hunny? That's right laid up with a real woman who knows a real man when she see one. Lol girl stop playing this game because you will not win." I said laughing. She couldn't say anything. She was crying. Well she asked for it. I walked to the door but stopped. "Be a good little girl and maybe, just maybe things will change for you." I cooed to her in a baby voice patting her head. "Now I'll leave you in your thoughts chump." I said walking out. I don't know who she thought she was but Dominique don't play with little ass girls. Nor do I fight over any man.

She so wrapped up in herself image she don't care who she bringing down in the end. Sad.

"What took you so long?" Ella asked as I took my seat.

"I had to put someone in their place." I said.

"Alexis." she stated. I nodded.

"The only reason why she here cause Blaze paid me other then that I would've left her ass right where she was at. Fuck talking about so she won't relapse. Fuck that relapse shit. It might sound mean but I really don't care."

"Mhm. Let's not dwell on the past. How are things with you and Blaze?"

"Everything fine but I feel like he starting to be a little standoffish."

"Maybe it's work." I said.

"I don't care what it is he needs to fix it." she said. Y'all think I'm bad. That ain't shit compared to Ella. Hell I'm a little jealous of her. She don't have a care in the world. She can walk by someone and they can say something rude about her weight or make fun of her and she'll say "Your daddy ain't complaining so why are you?" and continue walking.

"Ain't that the truth." I said. Some of these niggas be trap'n and forget about what they got at home. It takes for them to lose that good thing in order to fight to get it back. Wouldn't have to do that if you weren't fucking up in the first place.