Book 2 • Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

A year later...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present."

-Unknown

¤Daniella POV¤

Phew...Where do I actually start?

Well I had my baby. She is 3 months old. Let me explain something real quick I found out I was pregnant in December. Had her in September. It's now December again so she's 3 months.

She is everything to me. She looks just like her daddy. I haven't seen any of them at all.

The day I drove away from his house I never looked back. Only person I talk to is Dominique. We stayed in contact.

Her and Hakeem didn't work out because she knew he still loved Alexis. Apparently they worked it out and everything good for them. All power to em. Dominique found another guy and their in love.

Blaze had sent one text telling me how sorry he was and he only did it to protect me. Bullshit. Other then that they never tried calling or texting so it's whatever. Till this day they still don't know where I live but knowing Blaze who knows what he knows.

My daughter name is Mikhayla Kamiah Mills better known as KayKay. She's the love of my life. I enjoy being a mom. I do my best. I have a job so I can at least add money to the money I already have.

I got a job at this place called Arcade's as the manager. It's simple and I don't work long hours unless it's the weekend. I started off working at the front as a cashier but I worked my way up.

"KayKay your auntie coming to get you." I cooed at her she smiled and started babbling. There was a knock at the door. I picked KayKay up walking to the door. I looked through the peephole.

"Y'all early."

"Yeah I know but it's supposed to storm tonight and big daddy here wants us to be safe on the road." Nique said. I laughed. They're my only friends. Cayden is like my brother.

"Wassup sis?"

"This money nigga." he laughed. I let them in. He went straight to KayKay.

"Hey uncle baby." he said. I know he gone make a good father one day.

"Where her bag?" Nique asked.

"It's upstairs. I'll go get it because I need to grab my purse and stuff." she nodded. I jogged up to KayKay room. I grabbed her bag. I went into my room and got my stuff so I can go to work.

"Alright let's go." we all headed out the door. I locked up my house.

"Be safe sis." Cayden said kissing my cheek.

"Always." I said getting in the car. The ride to work didn't take long but I hate that it started raining.

A few workers called out tonight so I had to help at the front. I was looking for some more raffles tickets till someone cleared their throat.

"Give me one second." I said. After I find them I stood up from under the counter. My eyes meet several pair of eyes. They all looked at me shocked. I swear every emotion I had for him came right back. This can't be happening. Somebody shoot me.

"Welcome to Arcade's. How many?" I asked. No one said anything. It's like they were shocked.

"Six. You finally found something to do." Erica replied. I didn't reply.

"That'll be $80.00, will that be cash or credit?" I asked nicely.

"Cash." Blaze stammered placing a hundred on the table.

"You're change is $20." I said handing him the money.

"Nah keep it. It's a tip." he said still eyeing me.

"No thank you." I said siding the money across the table. "You all enjoy your time." I said. "Next customer." Erica pulled him away but I knew he was still looking at me. I thought I'd never see them again. I felt like crying bruh but I sucked it up.

After working at the counter I went to check the other stations to make sure everything was in order. I walked away bumping into something hard. I looked up to see Blaze.

"Excuse me." I said walking around him. He grabbed me.

"I never meant to hurt you. I'm so sorry for my actions I didn't have a choice. It was either that, you dying or go to jail." he pleaded. Hurt me? Dying? Please that shit went out the window that same day.  Jail? Jail for what? He looked around before pulling me into the janitors closet.

"Look we only did that to save you not hurt you. I always loved you and always will. Hell I'm so madly in love with you. I had to make the choice even though it hurt me. Please just forgive me." he pleaded putting his forehead on mine. I could see the truth and pain in his eyes.

"What did y'all save me from?"

"Erica."

"What she do?" that bitch forever doing something.

"I can't tell you here. Can you meet me outside the city at our favorite spot." he said. I nodded wiping my tears.

"Baby please don't cry. I'm trying to make this right for all of us." he said. He pulled me closer by my hips and kissed me. He looked me up and down.

"What happened to the baby?" he asked concerned.

"She's at her aunt house because I have to work this whole weekend." I said.

"I have a daughter?" he croaked out. I seen a tear roll down his cheek. I wiped it away. Even though I'm supposed to be mad at him he did it to protect me and I prayed every night for God to forgive us of our sins.

I'm not mad anymore. I'm not hurt anymore. Everything happens for a reason. Us being apart brought out that reason. We all needed a wake up call and that's what we got.

"Yes. She's 3 months."

"C-can I see her, please?" I pulled out my phone to show him a picture of her. He just dropped down to his knees hugging me crying. I bent down to him.

"It's going to be okay." I said. He wiped his face.

"Why you never called me or anything?"

"Erica was always on my back. Everywhere I went she was there. Home, the store, the trap, shit even in the bathroom." he said. I busted out laughing. That bitch cray.

"Damn shame."

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I said hugging him one last time before walking out.

I need to clear my head. Work was hectic. So many people with little workers.

I just want to know what Erica had to do with this? Well I'll find out tomorrow before work.