Book 2 • Chapter 7

"The past is the past, the present and future are what really matter."

-Me

¤Alexis POV¤

It's been a while since you all heard from me. I know I did some things that made me look stupid, dumb, immature,  and so on, but I've changed. After I got myself together I apologized to everyone and started anew.

A while back, I'm not gone lie I was nervous when Dominique wanted to meet with me. I wondered what she had to talk to me about. Ever since that day at the mall I haven't spoken to her. As for Ella I haven't had the time to actually talk to her none of us, other then Blaze.

¤FLASHBACK¤

So I got a call from Dominique to meet her at the Waffle House. I didn't know what she wanted and for her to call me was shocking.

We never said anything to one another. Well I never said anything to her because I was jealous and childish.

As I walked into the Waffle House I spotted her and Hakeem at the table. I walked over to them.

"Hey Alexis, have a seat." I slid into the booth unsure of what's going on.

"The reason I told you to meet me was because I wanted to give something back to you." she said.

"What?" I asked confused at what she was talking about.

"Hakeem." she said simply. What? I'm confused.

"What?"

"Hakeem and I came to an understanding that we're meant to be friends not a couple. Yeah we got love for each other but we not in love with each other. I told you a while back that playing a grown woman game will getcha hurt. The difference between us two was that we both chose different directions. Anyways, Hakeem loves you I can see how he looking at you now. I'm not mad, jealous, or hurt. You made some fucked up decisions in life but like I told Hakeem if you love something let it go, if you can't let it go fight for it. So here we are. I wish you both the best of luck." she said. I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say. She stood up.

"Don't make the same mistake twice cause once it's gone it's gone. You never know who might take your place and for good." was all she said before walking away. I turned toward Hakeem.

I guess I got my second chance.

¤FLASHBACK OVER¤

I'm in a better place then I was a year ago. Dominique and Ella taught me a lot. I had a lot of growing up to do and I'm still growing.

Having Hakeem back still seems surreal to me. Within the year we started over. He made me work to earn his trust back. He made me work for him to fall in love with me again. I'm not gone lie it was hard and still is.

I know he still have that what if in the back of his head but he doesn't say anything so I make it my business to show him.

¤Hakeem POV¤

¤FLASHBACK¤

Dominique was coming over my house saying we needed to talk. Whenever someone says that it means there's a problem or something wrong.

"So what we needed to talk about?" I asked.

"Alexis." I sighed. What she did now? I swear she always doing something.

"What she did-"

"I talk you listen." I closed my mouth.

"Hakeem I love you but we are not meant to be. Before you interrupt just listen. I know you still love Alexis. She's your first love. She made mistakes just like the rest of us. I can see the way you look when you hear her name or when you see her. Imma woman and your a man. So be man enough to tell the truth. I don't have to ask if you still in love with her cause I see it. Don't let her go if you know you always gone love her. Forgive her for what she did and move on. Don't waste my time knowing it'll never work. So tomorrow we gone make things right." she said. She gave me one last kiss and walked out. Leaving me here sitting like what the fuck just happened?

¤FLASHBACK OVER¤

A year later and everything good. Dominique and I decided to be friends but I haven't heard from her in a good lil minute. I just hope everything going good for her.

Now back to the problem at hand. Erica and their mom. Why the fuck would you plot to kill your own kids? We have Erica tied up in the basement until Ella tell us what's next.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

"How long she gone be here? She stink asf." Rj said making me laugh.

"We waiting on Ella to know what's gone happen." he nodded.

"Can y'all please let me go. I'll do anything." she pleading. I ignored her pleads. Hell we been pleading forever for this bitch to leave us alone but that never happened as you can see. The bitch is crazy.

I hear the door open and close. I turn to see who walked in.

Ella.

"Let's get this over with." she said walking over to Erica.

"Don't fuck with me today Erica. I'm not in the mood for the run around. So I'm going to ask this once and only once. Where the hell is all the shit you got over them?" Ella said. We all stood quiet watching.

"I can't she'll kill me." she sobbed. This might take longer then we expected.

¤Daniella POV¤

I inwardly screamed. I don't have time for this bullshit with Erica.

"Honestly I don't care who gone kill you but I'm bout to beat her to it. If you don't start giving me what I want I'm just going to kill you." I said. She looked scared and full of fear.

"I I can't." she said.

"I really didn't want to do this. Tank give me your gun." he handed me his gun from his waist. I cocked it back. I pointed at her temple.

"Erica don't tempt me today. Just give me what I need and you'll live once this is all over." I said. She had tears running down her face and fucking snot bubbles. Ew.

"Please I'll tell you just don't kill me." she pleaded. I eased the gun from her head but still had it pointed at her.

"Tell me everything."

¤Blaze POV¤

This shit is getting mad ridiculous. While Ella handling stuff at my house I'm at the trap coming up with a plan.

Why would she even want to take her own kids out? Something not right at all with this situation.

"Boss we about to head out." I nodded.

"Make sure y'all keep an eye on her. You and Tiko stay at her house and watch it. Melo and Ant gone follow her wherever she go. If she start to get suspicious make sure y'all got y'all vests on and plenty of bullets." I said. He nodded walking out.

I'm gone get to the bottom of this shit once and for all.