Ch. 59: Who Said Romance Is Dead?

Kihyun

~the next morning~

As the sun rose, I rolled around on my bed laughing at what had happened afterwards yesterday with blush slowly spreading across my face. Mochi barks indignantly from his bed before going back to sleep.

~flashback~

"Yes," I whispered to him from behind. He quickly turns around and gives me the cutest expression that I had ever seen on his face.

"Really," he asks quickly like a child who has been told that he or she would be going to the candy store. I nodded and tried to hide my face as it felt hot under his gaze. To which, he didn't see to notice. "So, we're dating?"

"Yeah," I said under my breath.

"Can you say it louder? I didn't hear," he says while looking at me curiously.

"Yes," I said clearly this time and tried to run past him to save myself the embarrassment as I did sort of said it too loudly than I would have liked. But, he runs up behind me and closes the door trapping me between his body and the door. When I turned around to glare at him, his face was literally two inches away from mine. In response, I ducked and ran to the side thus playing a game of tag in a way. When he was about to catch me, he tripped over his own foot and fall down like a sack of potatoes. He sits back up and gives me a goofy smile before rubbing at the back of his neck.

~end flashback~

*alarm*

~8:30 a.m.~

At the sound of the alarm, butterflies began to flutter in my stomach as today was really our first day as a couple. Seconds later, I got off my bed and looked into the mirror as I decided that I should dress up a bit. So, I riffled through my drawers and pulled out a soft and fluffy oversized baby blue sweater, and white skinny jeans. As I was putting them on, I realized that I didn't even wake up Hyungwon yet.

I tried to get dressed as I walked over to his room but manage to stumble into his door. "Ow~," I whined before opening his door to only find a sleepy Hyungwon standing up. He vaguely registers my presence and makes a waving motion with his hand before trudging forward to his own bathroom at an incredibly slow pace for a human being.

~back in his room~

Once I was sure that I did an okay job at putting on makeup, I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water as I noticed that it was almost time to leave for work. Typically, I would not look forward to work, but today was a bit different.

~restaurant~

*bell chime*

I glanced around looking for a certain muscle bound rock, but to my disappointment, he was nowhere in sight. I frowned and started to regret wearing clothes I usually don't wear to work for once. So, I just walked into my office to change into my chef's uniform to find a big hamster plushie surrounded by roses with a card propped against it. The card read: " Are you a camera? Because every time I see you, I smile ~Hyunwoo."