Ch. 77: Smiling Through The Pain

Kihyun

Hyunwoo didn't seem to catch on as he simply nodded and let Changkyun carry me to my office. After we got inside and closed the door, Changkyun puts me on my chair before crossing his arms across his chest.

"I know that you are worried, but it is okay...," I began to say to break the silence.

"Hyung, it isn't okay. You should stay in the hospital and receive treatments so things like this don't happen."

"It's only a minor attack and plus, it isn't like there is much hope for me left," I said sadly.

"Don't be like that. Doctors will find a way to make sure you live until you are old and balding."

"Haha. I did think that way before but over the years. I can tell that I would not be able to see that day," I laughed with no real humor in it.

"Hyung. Think about it. Don't you want to live? What about Hyunwoo hyung? Don't you want to...," Changkyun says with his voice breaking ever so slightly.

"Changkyun ah, don't you think that I want to live? Don't you think that I want to be with him as long as I can? Don't you understand that it is impossible for me," I said in eerily calm voice.

"I..."

"No. End of discussion," I said while shaking my head at him.

"Hyung...," he whines and holds onto my hand.

"It's alright. I will do my best to live the rest of my short life as well as I possibly can," I smiled bittersweetly.

A/N: Is weird that I felt sad as I was writing this chapter? Welp. Too absorbed into my own story.