Riley

** Ok, we're all gonna go back in time here. We've been seeing things through Maya's point of view, but I also wanna show you what Riley's thinking about all this. So I'm going back to show you the world through Riley's eyes**

Dear Maya,

There's so much I wanna say, but at the same time I have nothing to say. Does that make any sense? I do miss you, but I just don't wanna get hurt again. When I was having a hard time, I thought you'd try to help, but I pushed you away and you gave up on me. We were supposed to be forever, sisters, best friends. Best friends don't leave when things get a little rough, they don't start hanging out with a whole new group of people and change their personality overnight if things start to get complicated! I was screaming, but you couldn't hear me, you didn't think anything was wrong. I just can't go through that again, I fell apart without you Peaches. I'll always love you but for once, I need to do what's best for me. I'm sorry Maya.

Love Always,
Riley

After I wrote out all the things that were rushing through my head, it was like I solved the puzzle that was my feelings. I love her, I'm in love with Maya Penelope Hart. But she's toxic, it's a love that would never last, our story would only end with heartbreak and I can't let myself spiral into that hole again. Sometimes you get a happy ending, and sometimes you don't. I hope that Maya gets her happy ending, and I would appreciate a happy ending myself; but I can never be truly happy without Maya, and I would never be sane with Maya. So I guess I won't get a happy ending, but Maya will--- just not with me. I wanted to tell her that, I wanted to send the letter to her. But I didn't, I wanted to tell her everything, but I had nothing real to say.

-------------

"Do you get it now?" I asked my best friend after explaining the story for the third time. "Yeah, I think I do." he responded with a blank stare. "Riles?" he called. "Yeah." I said giving him my attention. "I don'y want you to get hurt either, and I don't want Maya to get hurt. But I think Maya could be serious about you two being close again, don't totally give up on her Riles." Farkle advised. "I don't know Farkle, I want her in my life but not if she's gonna hurt me all over again." I sighed in confusion. "I'm going." Farkle stated as he got up. "What?!" I yelled in a panicked state. "I'm going to the park to talk to Maya. To make sure she's not going to leave again, that she won't hurt you again." He explained. I nodded and sat down as Farkle walked out the front door. "I only hope this goes well." I thought aloud. As the words escaped my lips, the doorbell rang. "What are you doing here?" I asked in complete shock as I opened the door. "I came to see you Riles." She replied nervously. "Why." I glared at her through the doorway. "I know this is so sudden, and that I'm probably the last person you wanna talk to--" She started. "You are the last person I wanna talk to." I interrupted as I closed door. "Riley wait! I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I came back because--" She tried to explain. "Why! Why'd you come back." I started out yelling, but ended my sentence in a whisper with tears in my eyes. "Because, I love you Riley Matthews." She confessed as she raised my chin and wiped the tears off my cheek. In that moment it was like the world didn't exist, it was just the two of us. Everything was perfect in that moment, I was happy in that moment, we kissed in that moment. But reality kicked in, in the shape of Maya Hart. "Riles!" She shouted with excitement. But her face fell when she saw that I was not alone. "Who's this?" She asked. "Maya, this is Maddie. Maddie, this is Maya. Maya and I used to be friends, and Maddie and I used to date." I explained to both girls.