8

I must've fallen asleep because I wake up to the sound of thunder from outside. I sit up in my bed and I run a hand through my hair. I glance over to the clock on my wall, it was 2:43 in the morning. I shake my head and begin to lay back down.

A small knock comes from my front door.

I walk out of my room and walk downstairs. My sister walks out of her room rubbing her eyes.

"Who's here?" Her voice was tired.

"I don't know" I grab the hoodie on the edge of the couch and slide it over my body. My sister grabs a bat and walks quietly behind me, inching toward the door. I slowly open the door and look at the mint haired boy on the other side.

Yoongi.

I open my mouth to apologize until I see tears streaking his face.

"Oh my god, Yoongi" I mumble, pulling him inside by the sleeve of his jacket.

My sister stands behind us, obviously confused.

"Go to your room for a second and I'll talk to you later. Okay?" I say to her.

"Okay" Her voice was small and quiet. She lays the bat down and walks away, into her room.

I wait for her door to shut to speak to Yoongi.

"Are you okay?" I wipe the tears away from his face with the sleeve of my jacket.

I pull hin toward the couch and sit down next to him. We were facing each other.

"Yoongi, Are you okay?" My voice was a small whisper.

"M-My dad h-he..." He zones off and shakes his head.

More tears begin to fall from his eyes and he lets out a small sob.

"Shhh, everything is going to be okay. I promise. Everything will be okay, I love you." I say softly.

I see his fat lip and blood slowly falling from a cut in his eyebrow.

I nod and stand up walking to the freezer. I pull out an ice pack and hand it to Yoongi.

He still stares off into the distance and I hold the ice pack to his lip. I dab the blood away from his face and look at his eyes. They were glazed over and he looked confused.