Chapter 1

(Mitch's P.O.V)

It was the biggest party of the year. My friend Kirstie had thrown an 'new years' bash. I of course knew no one. I had only transferred 3 days ago. Kirstie was my neighbor so she was nice enough to invite me. The room was crowded. A bunch of people bumping into me. It was about 10 so I told Kirstie goodbye and was leaving. As I left I was stopped by a large muscular guy. Clearly taller than me with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Aye it's the new kid" he pinned me against the wall, his friends laughing "get ready for the school year because it's gonna be hell" him and his friends laughed and walked back in. People had always teased me because

1) my high voice

2) I was gay

3)I was a huge nerd

I walked back to my house. My mom clearly not home. After my dad left she had taken an "interest" In drinking. I laid down and drifted to sleep. This school year would be hell

*end of Christmas break*

Now it was school time. I walked I to school. I went to the office to grab my books. Putting them in my locker glancing at my first class. Choir, yes! Singing was my passion. I grab my books for my other classes and headed down to the room at the other end of the school. I had not seen Scott yet. I sighed in relief when I reached the room. Not seeing him. I walked in the room. I sat down next to a guy with brown hair and a beanie. He introduced himself as Avi. He then introduced me to Kevin. Kirstie came in a hugged me. No other girls in the class were her friends.

"Yay your in here mitchie!" She smiled and sat in her seat. Avi laughed at the name she called me I then heard a slump intone chair next to me I turned around

Scott.

He stayed quiet. He looked at me then looked away. He obviously didn't want anyone to know he was in choir.

"Okay everyone welcome back. I'd like you to meet our new student Mitchell Grassi" Mr.Green motions towards me . "He is the only tenor here so we will have to unjust to it" he smiles and starts talking about the song little drummer boy and auditions for it. He then lets us talk for the rest if the time. Scott grabs my arm hard

"If you tell anyon-" I stop him mid-sentence

"I won't tell anyone if you don't hurt me" I look over at him. His face softens

"Fine" he turns away. I was good about this. After the past I was done with being abused. Me, Avi and Kevin talk about auditions the rest of the period. The bell rings and I continue on with my day. Lunch was the worst. I didn't have lunch with Kevin, Avi or Kirstie so I sat alone. I work on homework when Scott pushes my books away his friends chuckle. I look up into his piercing blue eyes. God he was gorgeous. I push that thought away.

"Hey nerd-zilla, mind if we sit?" I quickly shake my head and just continue my homework. I couldn't focus a lot with them all throwing spitballs at my face. Lunch ends and I walk to my next class. Science. I was the worst at science. We just so happen to start a project and he partnered me up with non other than Scott. He moved over to the desk pair that we sat at.

"I have to come clean and say I am not good at all in science." I say, he looks at me.

"Well it's your lucky day then" he looks back down. He was good at science? Interesting. We agreed to meet at his house after school.

"Why not your house?" Scott questioned

"Um.. I have.. A leak! And my house is flooding." He gives me a puzzled look. I'd rather tell a lie than tell him my mom is in there with a man who constantly abuses her and me...