Part 2

Beam was still in bed by the time it got pitch black dark and he heard footsteps outside of his room. There was a low mumbling too, but he was too fearful to get up and check. His head pounded but he was far too tired to reach up and tear the bandages off. There were a couple knocks at his door, he groaned as a signal for whoever it was, he honestly didn't care, to come in. Of course it was Death himself, a wide grin placed on his cheeks.

"How ya doin' Angel?" He said as he sat down on the side of Beam's bed. "Feeling any better?" Forth rest his palm on Beam's forehead. Beam hissed from the cold contact while Forth grimaced at the heat spreading throughout his hand. "Well, I can't tell, so I'm just gonna assume you're not feeling much better."

"I feel worse." Beam whispered so he wouldn't have to use his throat as much.

"Hold still." Forth said as he got back up, heading to Beam's right side and leaning over him. The reaper's hands tugged the two pieces of gauze that were wrapped tightly around Beam's head. Beam whined lowly in pain, though he was glad to get the bandage off. Forth pulled the gauze that stuck to his ear off slowly, blood was drenched into it and Beam felt queasy just glancing at it. "I have something for you. Sooman gave it me since I begged him, though he kept asking me why I just said that it was in case I slipped on my scythe, the damn thing has a mind of its own." After Forth had said those words, the scythe that was leaned against the wall was now on the floor. "See what I mean? The thing is fucking impossible to control."

Beam didn't say anything as Forth reached into his front leather jacket pocket and pulled out a small vial. On it was written, 'Sooman's, don't touch!' and it sloshed around the glass tube thickly, emitting small green bubbles against the cork that capped it shut.

"'it's gonna burn some, but it'll heal the cut super quick. There was a small lift in the floorboards so it split your ear in half, it's gonna look badass without all the blood." Forth tore a piece off the clean half of the bandage and uncapped the vial, a grotesque smell spilling from it and infesting the air. Beam had to keep the bile in his throat pushed down. It didn't seem to bother Forth as he tipped it over onto the bandage and pressed it to Beam's ear without warning.

"Shit! That burns!" He cried out, balling his fists up into the sheets.

"It's working, just a lil more." Forth poured some more onto the damp cloth and held it to Beam's ear as the injured boy began to cry, tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. "Done. I'm done. Relax."

It felt like acid had been thrown at Beam and he was still crying, frowning deeply. "That hurt."

"Obviously. But now it's completely healed over. Here," Forth handed Beam a phone, an iPhone 7 actually (which Beam would question later) and saw a picture of his ear before it had been wrapped up.

"Is your first instinct to take a picture of a wound when it happens?" Beam scoffed as he swiped and saw it now, his ear was cut exactly in half, starting at the antihelix and ending a little below the concha. There wasn't any blood, though it didn't look like it would heal normally and he'd just have the separation for the rest of his life. But Forth was right, it did look badass.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked as he set the vial on Beam's nightstand.

"No, not really. Still freaked out, I suppose. Death is my roommate? Not very believable to me, but if you exist, you exist. I can't help it. But if you gotta kill me, I'm kicking you out." Beam managed to smile.

"Mm, I can assure you you're not on Sooman's list." Forth smacked his knee as if it was funny. "Anyway, get more rest. You need it."

"Thank you." Beam said softly with a slight raise on the corners of his lips.