Part 3

"Angel, could you fetch your dear friend Death a glass of water?" Was the first thing Beam had heard when his eyes cracked open. Forth was laying next to him, wide smile splayed on his face. Beam thought it was ironic how someone who worked for the Devil could smile so widely. Beam found it intriguing. He flung his legs off the side of the bed and shuffled to the kitchen, only to be met by two men dressed in black, arms crossed.

"Hello?" Beam asked them, seeing as they had the same kind of appearance as Forth, so he guessed he was aquatinted with them.

"I'm Ming, this is Phana, we're Forth's friends and we got news that he got hurt by his scythe?" The short one asked, stepping forward. Beam thought he was going to flinch, but he hadn't and instead pointed to the direction of his room while he shuffled around the kitchen in his socks while pouring a glass of cold water. He glanced at the time. It was one pm. He made his way back to his bedroom, where he heard conversing going on. He stepped in and handed Forth his glass and flopped facedown onto his bed. The events from last night ached his bones.

"Why didn't you guys call me and tell me? Beam was probably scared out of his skin."

"I knew they were associated with you." Beam held a finger up without moving.

"We brought more healing acid, thought you'd appreciate it." Phana handed a big vial to Forth who nodded a thank you.

"So.. should we wipe his memory?" Ming asked as Beam lifted his head. All six eyes turned to him and he sat up drearily.

"No. He's fine." Forth said and pulled Beam close to him, arm around his neck and fist in his hair. "We're roomies."

"If you say so." Phana chuckled, hands on his hips and head shaking. "We gotta get back, Sooman wants us to give you this." Phana snapped his finger and a shiny, new scythe appeared.

"Oh shit, really?" Forth reached for it, and the scythe came floating to his hand. "Mm, I love the smell of new scythe. Tell him I say thanks and that I'm gonna be spending some time up here in the mortal world to heal and have some fun. I spent enough time in Hell the last few weeks."

They each waved a goodbye to each other, Ming and Phana then disappearing. Forth turned to Beam as he leaned the new scythe against the bed frame. The blade against the floor.

"Can you help me with this?" Forth held up the vial, swirling the contents inside it around. Beam groaned about how he felt like Forth's personal servant. Forth shed his clothing and winced and hissed as Beam untied the tight knot, uncapping the vial and quickly emptying it onto the wound before he could catch a glimpse of the open injury and end up throwing up over his bed. Forth had a fistful of Beam's black hair, making him kick his legs as they both suffered. "Thanks." Forth pulled his fingers out of Beam's hair and looked over at the healed scar. "Lookin' good."

"You're welcome." Beam capped the vial and set it softy on his nightstand, then lay back down next to the reaper, legs and arms overlapping.

"You wanna get a drink tonight? As a me saying thank you? And you buy me a fancy new knife in return?" Forth turned to look at Beam who groaned a 'fine'.

Forth was committed to taking Beam to bar house that was in the center part of Chiang Mai, and when Beam asked how they'd get there, Forth simply held his arm out.

"You ever read Harry Potter? It's like apparating." He urged for Beam to take him by the arm. Beam held onto the reaper's arm tightly, nails digging into the skin, and his world became a twisted jumble, colors and rooms blurring together. His head contorted and he felt nauseas. "Open your eyes, Angel, we're here." Forth laughed at Beam who dropped to his knees, hands over his mouth to keep himself from emptying his stomach contents onto the alley sidewalk.

Forth put a hand on Beam's shoulder and helped him to his feet. Beam smiled to say he was okay, and Forth had told him that it happens to everyone the first couple time they teleport.

"I don't know if I could ever get used to it." Beam mumbled, taking a step away from Forth. "Convenient though."

Forth laughed again, something that was beginning to sound like music to Beam's ears, as they entered the bar house, the strong smell of liquor clouding around them. They followed the hostess to a high top table that was by the brewery in the center of the restaurant, so people could watch the local beer be produced.

The dinner was delightful overall, and Beam got his fair share of beer, pork, and breads. He even bought a case of one of the samples he had liked. Forth joked that he'd better share or he'd end up on the list. It loomed over Beam how he was being treated to dinner by Death. Wasn't very appealing or believable, but a free dinner was a good enough plus.

They left with some leftovers, and began walking down a street. Light gray clouds were illuminated by heat lightning, and it began to sprinkle lightly, the soft tapping audible on Forth's leather jacket.

"We might lose our leftovers if we teleport. Wanna risk it or take the bus?" Forth stopped walking under a closed shop's cover that hung over the door.

"Never risk losing the leftovers." Beam hugged his plastic bag close to his chest.

So began their walk to the bus station, Forth linking their free arms together like a couple, Beam glad it was dark so he could hide his pink cheeks.