Part 7

Forth woke up, disoriented, unsure of where he was, and snorted loudly, raking his fingers through his hair. He looked down, seeing a quietly snoring Beam. He sighed quickly, biting his bottom lip. He didn't know what to do, he was scared. Like, scared out of his fucking mind. He'd date Beam if he could, but he can't risk his name being on the List like his last lovers (before he knew about the substitute rule), which resulted in crying for days on end, and he's never felt like the way he feels towards Beam before anyone else. He couldn't risk it, anyway. Life without Beam? As if.

He leaned down, pressing a kiss on Beam's cheek bone, and apparated. Forth was in his room in Hell, laying on his bed surrounded by posters of cars from when he was a kid. Hell wasnt as bad as everyone made it, it was just like Heaven, but just different people.

" Forth?" Sooman's voice came from outside the door, sounding worried. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," he sat back up and headed for the door, opening it and leaning against the frame. "What is it?"

"You're excreting a sickening amount of pheromones." Sooman rolled his eyes, handing Forth a piece of printer paper with black ink pen scrabbled onto it.

"I thought I told you to text it to me." Forth held the paper lightly, scanning each name silently.

"I can't text, my hands are too big." Sooman flicked Forth 's head. "By next week, all of them."

"I usually do like three a week, you expect me to do twelve?" Forth waved the paper around angrily.

"You take too much examining each person, you could get more privileges if your count hits one hundred thousand, you know?"

"I know." Forth closed the door, falling back onto his bed and holding the paper up to his eyes to go over the names once more. He'd get fired if he didn't finish all of them by the deadline (pun not intended). He had other things to worry about, as well. Such as the intern that was probably waking up right now, wondering where Forth had disappeared to. Forth groaned, rubbing his eyes to get himself more awake. He had a job to do, he'd do his best to get it done.

.

Beam was going to catch up with Kit. He knew his acquaintance was probably super busy with the modeling job, but it didn't hurt to shoot him a text. Kit, thankfully and strange enough, had replied immediately, and told Beam he was free for lunch for a couple hours. They agreed to meet up at a cafe for a bite, and Beam was questioning what he'd tell him. Just tell him everything? They'd known each other for a while, they had been close at one point. He just hoped it wasn't awkward.

"Beam! I can't believe it's you!" Kit jumped to his feet and enveloped Beam into a tight hug the moment he opened the cafe door.

"I got a lot to tell you, and you're probably not gonna believe me, but I'm gonna try." Beam said, pressing his hands on Kit's shoulders to sit him down. "Now, if you do believe me, please don't freak out. And don't tell me I have to go to a mental hospital or anything."

"O-okay." Kit sat down, taking a sip of his green drink and furrowing his eyebrows.

"I.. I'm in love with the actual Grim Reaper. Death."

Kit looked up from his drink at the nervous Beam, spitting out what was in his mouth back into the cup. "Oh. That's nice. Tell me more." Beam managed to crack a smile as he told the story of how he happened to meet Death and what they've been through.

When Beam finished, he was out of breath and wanting to cry because God did he love him, and it was hitting him like a giant boulder to the side. "So, I'm kind of stuck. He's scared, I know he is."

🎉 You've finished reading [𝓔𝓝𝓓] ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ [𝒯𝒶𝑒𝒯𝑒𝑒'𝓈 𝒱𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽] 🎉