Chapter 5: THE DAY AFTER

I was laying in bed with my head cuddled into my pillow. It was a Sunday morning and I could feel the warmth of the sunlight on my skin that found its way to shine into my bedroom. My eyes still felt a little heavy while I let myself wake up slowly. I rolled around onto my back and the sun shone right into my eyes. "Ah," I choked out. God, my head was hurting as hell.

Memories of the night before were flooding my mind and I wanted to slap myself for having a hangover. After Liam had interrupted Harry and me, I had decided to get drunk. But I hadn't had expected the hangover to be as bad as it now was. Bloody alcohol.

Yesterday seemed like a blur, but I forced myself to remember as I was carefully sitting up in my bed. My hand quickly grabbed the glass of water that stood on my nightstand and I thanked my past self, despite the alcohol. I gulped down a big draught of water and closed my eyes again, holding the glass against my forehead. It helped to cool myself down.

With my eyes closed, I started going through the events of the last evening. You could say, it had been one hell of a ride. Starting with the fact that Liam had been there; the lovely, lovely Mr Styles had also been there. He introduced himself as Harry. If only this had been the only thing he'd done. Unfortunately, Harry had also been flirting with Zayn. He had been practically hitting on him. I still couldn't believe it. And when I had finally addressed it, Liam popped up!

My head was a mess. I groaned, looking at the ceiling. I just hoped all of this was a one time situation. Of course, it was weird seeing Liam again. After so many years, the tension was incredible. All the feelings I had been keeping to myself were about to burst open. I couldn't let that happen, though. I didn't want to.

Nevertheless, I couldn't get Harry out of my head. Obviously, he was an attractive man, but what he had done with Zayn — was it a normal thing? It had seemed so intimate between them. Even watching them, had felt like I was intruding. Besides that, what did Harry mean when he had said that he always got want he wanted? What did he want? I would have to talk to Louis about this. Maybe he had noticed it as well.

I decided that I should leave my thoughts alone for awhile. With a yawn, I stood up and went to the bathroom. My head was still hurting and what I saw in the mirror... that was also exactly how I felt. Hungover.

After finishing in the bathroom I walked into the kitchen to make some toast. I was starving. I couldn't help, but let my thoughts wander again. This time, however, into a different direction. I remembered the conversation I had had with Harry. And my head reminded me of his beautiful green eyes. I had never seen eyes like his before. He had an incredibly intense glance.

My phone trilled suddenly, ripping me out of my thoughts. A light blush found its way on my cheeks as I felt caught in the act.

I wasn't doing anything wrong, I reminded myself.

I turned to my phone, which was laying on the small table in the kitchen, realising I had a Facebook message.

Who even texts over Facebook nowadays, anyway?

I stopped in my tracks as I realised this message was from Liam. My eyes widened. Oh no. Quickly, I turned the phone around, so that I couldn't read the message.

I frowned. God damnit. I wasn't an 18 year old. But what did he want?

Taking in a deep breath, I took my phone into my hand again.

"Hi Niall! How is it going? Hope you're doing fine after yesterday :)"

I pursed my lips. Why was he texting me? I pondered, wether or not to answer right away, but I was too curious.