Chapter 1: NOW

"Niall? Niall, he- oh my God," Louis' voice rang through the phone, "Zayn- he proposed to me!"

My eyes widened and I nearly tripped over my half dressed jeans. "Oh my God," I choked out. "I'm going to get married!" Louis yelled, his voice loud and happy.

"I just, wow, Lou, that's," I took a deep breath, "that's awesome. I'm so happy for you, you deserve it."

Louis squeaked a few more times before hanging up with me promising to talk to him tomorrow as early as I can.

With a sigh I pulled my jeans down all the way and sat down on the bed. Louis was going to get married. Wow, that's--hard. I hadn't been prepared for that. I mean, sure, him and Zayn were really happy, I just hadn't awaited it to happen this soon. But though I was happy for him, I couldn't fully ignore the pain in my chest. It wasn't jealousy, rather the fear of him getting hurt just like I had got. But Zayn wouldn't do such a thing. He wasn't that type of man. He was 24, goddamnit, he had got it all, why would he ruin it?

I ran a hand through my hair and walked over to my wardrobe, looking for my favourite black sweatpants.

Was it weird to think about Zayn that way? I mean, Louis was surely not as naive as I had been, but then again, any man can turn out different then anyone thought. But Zayn? No, that was just not him.

Struggling to put my new pants on, I groaned as my phone vibrated on the bed. Quickly, I toddles over to my bed and swiped over my phone, accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Niall, hey, um, hi."

"Dan, hi, 's everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for calling unexpectedly and being so abrupt."

"It's fine really, I wasn't doing much anyway at the moment. Why are you calling?"

"Well... I just wanted to ask you if you'd like to have dinner with me."

"Oh, now? I mean, tonight?"

"If that'd be alright."

"Sure, I guess. Where to?"

"I'll take you out."

Seemed like I wouldn't be staying home tonight.

* * *

"Nice to see you, again, Niall."

I smiled up at Dan, my eyes following the way his face beamed a bit. "You look very nice," he commented. "Thanks, so do you."

"I'm glad you said yes," he mumbled and I grinned, "Were you scared that I wouldn't've?" Dan blushed a bit and it was cute. I liked it, the way it suited his short hair and brown eyes. Dan was nice and I liked having him around; talking to him was easy and effortless.
This was our second date and I have had taken a liking in the innocence of that. Dan was a shy guy, not provocative or intrusive.

"So... where are we going?" I finally asked and he focused on something at the end of the street. "There," he simply said, "It's the best restaurant in town, very expensive."

I nodded and immediately felt guilty. Expensive? He took me out on a date and made it clear that he is going to pay. I deeply disliked that, made me feel like a baby, as if I was depending on him. Perhaps I could let it slip once.

Without saying anything, we continued walking, cars were rushing by, creating an enjoyable breeze with our arms brushing every now and then. Usually silence comforted me, however, right now it made me feel uncomfortable. I needed distraction.

I took a breath of relief as we finally arrived and Dan gently opened the door for me to get inside first. I gave him a sweet smile and walked in. Dan spoke to the man at the front and I let my eyes fly across the restaurant. Extraordinary, for sure. And expensive. Dan sure must have been wealthy.

"Look again, please. My name is Alden, Dan Alden." "Is there any problem with the reservation?" I asked, timidly, looking up at Dan. He shook his head, firmly, leaning over to the other man.

"I'm deeply sorry, sir, but I have no reservation for Alden," the man said and I felt for him; the restaurant was full to overflowing. Dan looked nervous, fiddling with his hands. "There must be a missapprehension." The two men started discussing and I felt very uncomfortable standing here. It would have been rude to just go away, wouldn't it?

"Poor guy, just came out mommy's arms and has to argue about a reservation already," a voice behind me chirped up, causing me to turn around. "Huh?"
A tall, lanky man my age stood next to me, grinning down at me. "Sorry?" I said, arching a brow. "Just saying, he seems kinda helpless, your boyfriend," the man snickered. "He's not my boyfriend," I hissed quicker than I wanted, "Not that it is your business."

Putting on my most arrogant expression, I started looking him up and down. The man in front of me wore a white button up with grey trousers and nice shoes. Him being attractive or not did not matter, he could know I was judging him. A man as stuck-up and rude as him could handle it, for sure.

"Bet you would have more fun with me than your boring boyfriend," he commented, completely ignoring my reply. I gasped, frowning, "You are very impolite, Mister." He huffed amused. "My name is--"

"I'm really sorry, Niall," Dan interrupted the taller man and I turned around, "There's no free table here, I suppose we have to go somewhere else." I smiled kindly up at him. "It's fine, I don't like the people here anyway," I said and we both turned to the door.

"Have a nice day, Niall," the tall man said, going through his dark curls and I rolled my eyes as I saw him getting his arm around some blonde woman.

* * *

"I'm really sorry, Niall," Dan sighed again, but I gave him an unconcerned look. "I really don't mind it. You are worrying too much," I reassured him, but he didn't let it go. "I'm going to take you out next time, I promise." I chuckled, "Alright. But promise me we aren't going to this restaurant again, yeah?" Dan laughed, his eyes squinting while doing so and I decided that I liked it. "Deal."

"Now, now," I started, "How about Subway?"

- - - -

THERE IT IS DAMNIT FINALLY I KNOW I SUCK I AM SORRY BUT I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND HERE IT IS.

sooooo, who can guess who the guy was? (obvious)

how is everyone doing? and how did you like this? and dan? and zouis marriage ahhhh!

okay, i'm done now.

please leave a comment and/or vote, ily! Xxx