FIVE YEARS AGO

"Alright, deep breaths, Niall," looking into the mirror I forced myself to concentrate on not puking, "You're gonna be okay, you're not going to throw up in front of everyone."

My eyes followed my stressed expression, averting down to the white tux. It costed one hell of money. I couldn't imagine what I would've done without my parents giving me money.

I looked up again into the mirror. "Ugh, don't you give up on me," I whispered to myself, seeing my hair about to fall apart. Immediately, I tried to fix it, groaning and huffing to myself as it didn't work.

"Oh dear, I see I'm just on time," I heard Denise from behind and turned around to find her standing in the doorway. "Definitely. Could you help me with this?" I asked, giving her a hopeless look while gesturing to my hair. She smiled kindly, walking over and fixing my hair while mumbling. "Your mum is so excited." She wasn't the only one. It felt like I was about to puke because I was so nervous. "Only 19 and about to marry."

I blushed lightly. Right. My wedding. I was about to marry the love of my life, my crush since ninth grade, my boyfriend for three years.

"You won't cry now, will you?" I teased her, trying to cover my uneasiness about the topic. "I can't promise anything, darling." I laughed softly, rubbing my hands on my pants. "Don't do that, it will leave ugly marks on your white pants," Denise quickly reminded me and I nodded shortly, gulping a bit.

"Hey, I know you're nervous, but it'll be alright. Liam's a good guy," her words should probably have been comforting, however, somehow they didn't calm me, at all. "Yeah," I choked out.

Denise left and I was glad. I just needed some time to calm my nerves on my own. Didn't work, of course, but still. I didn't want anyone seeing me hyperventilate.

It was alright, I told myself about a thousand times. It was Liam I was about to marry. Lovely, loyal, caring Liam.

I sat down on the couch, again concentrating on breathing when it knocked on the door. I cleared my throat before saying, "Yes?" and Liam appeared a moment later.

It took me a while to understand with him telling me how wonderful I was and how much he loved me. But in the end, there was no wedding, whatsoever.

You know these happy High School couples that decide to marry after school? I was one of them.

Don't do that.

- - - -

hello & welcome to a new story of mine! I've been having this idea for quite some time now & quite some people wanted me to start this story, so here it is!

friendly reminder that this is narry and only past!niam. there won't be much niam mentioned anyway, but I just wanted to make that clear :)

so what do you guys think? Why did the wedding not happen? what is going to happen? share your thoughts with me in the comments! and don't you worry, there will be narry in the next chapter!

lots of love & please vote (& it's just this short because it's basically like the prologue)! Xxx