Chapter 7: FOUR MONTHS UNTIL THE WEDDING

My last two weeks had been weird. But, first things first. I had been on a date with Dan just a day after my last encounter with Mr. Harry Styles. Dan had acted like a full gentleman as always. I had come to terms that these two men were complete opposites. Just thinking about Harry made the rage inside me bubble up again. The way he had been acting was utterly rude and disrespectful. I just couldn't get over it. Fortunately, all this fury turned out as a good imput for the date with Dan. I had been so glad to be around someone that knew how to treat the other person with respect. And at the end of our walk in the near-by park I had kissed him. I had went for it and he seemed surprised. Nevertheless, the kiss was pleasant and I enjoyed the way he held me at the little of my back. All in all, the kiss was nice.

However, admittedly, I could see how different he was now acting around me. He was more touchy and he always came to ask how I was doing at work. It was very sweet of him, but I felt weird about it. And, to be honest, it pressured me. I didn't regret the kiss. But I had the feeling, it gave him a wrong impression on how things were between us. We had been on another date this weekend and we had went to the cinema. He had had his arm around me the whole time and, yes, it was cute. And, yes, I liked him. But I was unsure. I just couldn't help it. Thoughts were running around my head and I was looking for something. I didn't know what it was that I was looking for, but I longingly waited for it to happen. Whatever it was.

Besides all that, there was something else on my mind as well. This last meeting with Harry Styles had stirred many questions. Other than being an asshole, the man had shown a weird interest in Zayn. An interest that did anything but calm me. Unfortunately, I had yet to talk about it with Louis as he had been so busy with work and the preperations for the wedding.

I was sitting at home on a Wednesday afternoon when I finally decided that it was time to get things done and inform Louis about my worries. He was my best friend, after all, and I was supposed to look out for him. I decided to give him a call, wondering wether or not he was actually going to answer it. Unsure, I fumbled with my fingers. Was this the right thing to do? Or was I overreacting? I frowned and grabbed my phone from its seat next to me on the sofa. My heart was beating fast in my chest and I couldn't exactly tell why. 

It started ranging and I stood up, walking over to the window. The trees were almost completely green by now. The weather looked promising. It had been very mild lately and I had my hopes up for a decent summer this year. I couldn't wait for summer to roll in as it had always been my favourite season. I just felt like everything seemed less horrible at that time of the year. 

Just as I sighed, I heard Louis perky voice chirp up. 

"Hello?"

"Louis, hey!" I smiled into the phone. Hearing my best friend's voice after a longer than usual time made me happy. "I can't believe I'm actually getting  a hold of you, after all!"

Louis huffed out a breath. "Don't get me started." Shaking my head, I chuckled. "How are you doing? What did I miss?" "A lot. Work's killing me," Louis groaned through the phone, "And I actually still have to meet the wedding planner in five."

"Oh, sorry, am I holding you back?" I asked, unconsciously watching the way the air made the leaves on the trees flutter outside. "No, no,it's fine, Niall. No worries," he gave back and I struggled with my words. "There's actually something I wanted to talk to you about." "Okay...?" 

"Look, I think we should meet up and talk it through in person," I quickly explained. "Spit it out, Niall," Louis said. I screwed up my eyes. What did he think was I going to say? 

"It's about Zayn," I finally said. When Louis didn't answer, I added, "And Harry." 

"I see." His voice was pressed and his answer came quick this time. Uncertain wether or not to continue, I averted my eyes from the trees outside  to a blank point on the wall next to the television. "I just have a bad feeling about Harry," I cautiously stated.