Chapter 7 Klaw

"But why steal an artifact from a museum? Isn't that useless to a man like Klaw-violent?" Queen Nefretti asked. The council comprised of the leaders of the five out of the six tribes nodded agreeing with the young queen. 

"As it turns out my queen, the artifact is indeed a weapon made out of Vibranium." Okoye answered making the room more tense than it already was. Everyone was at the edge of their seats because of this. Even a little amount of Vibranium can damage a whole village. That's how dangerous this situation was. 

Okoye showed them a holographic figure of Klaw and the weapon that he had stole. "We had learned that Klaw plans to sell the Vibranium to an American buyer in South Korea tomorrow night."

"Klaw has escaped our pursuits for almost thirty years. Not capturing him is perhaps my father's greatest regret. I wish to bring Klaw back here to stand trial." T'Challa leaned back in his throne. 

The leader of the Merchant Tribe however objected this idea. "Wakanda doesn't need a warrior right now. We need a king." Nefretti nodded after him stunning those around her. She was known for her thirst of hot pursuits and action, why was this thrill seeker wants to suddenly bring justice from the comfort of her own palace? The answer was simple. The prophecy her father had said was now screwed into her head. She wasn't gonna let the love of her life die, period.

"My parents were killed when he attacked. Not a day goes by when I cannot think of what Klaw took from us. From me." W'Kabi shared.

"It's too great an opportunity to pass," Okoye backed him up. Nefretti frowned.

"Take me with you. We'll take him down together."

"But I need you here. Protecting the boarder." W'Kabi looked down disappointed that the king refused his offer. He did not argue though, he was already content knowing that T'Challa will do whatever it takes to capture Klaw. But he commanded one thing "Then kill him where he stands or bring him back to us."

The whole council looked at the king who nodded at his best friend.

----------------

"T'Challa, there is much to do now that you are the new king. Why must you leave when Wakanda needs you the most?"

"That is why you'll be staying here my love. We are co-rulers. The King isn't superior to his queen and vice versa." T'Challa stopped packing at looked at the back of  his queen. Nefretti sat on the couch on the balcony facing the city. The orange light of the sun hit her face as the sun began to set. "Why are you so worried when you have seen me multiple times in combat the love of my life. You know that I could take care of myself." She looked down in defeat. For hours now, she had tried to persuade T'Challa not to come to the mission.

"I know you can-" she looked over her shoulder looking at her husband "It's just.."

"Just what?" T'Challa sat down and stroked her cheek softly.

"I went to the ancestral Plain earlier today, just before attending to the council." Nefretti stood up. T'Challa looked at her in bewilderment. He knew better than anyone else what had happened the last time. Of course, he was the one who snuck her in the room and did the ritual when her parents had died. But that story is for another time....(hehhe expect this flashback in another chapter) "And T'Challa, my parents have accepted you-our love!" The king hugged his wife and smiled like the a kid in a candy store. His queen though, tensed up instead of hugging back.

So T'Challa broke away and asked "But why are you so down my life?"

"Because they said-" she croaked before saying the next words which made T'Challa's hairs stand "-one of us is going to die T'Challa." He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

"I won't let that happen Nefretti. I will take down Klaw and do whatever it takes for you to be safe. I promise." He kissed her head.

The queen gripped the promise ring and clutched her eyes hoping that what T'Challa said was true.