Chapter 18 Silent Night

The king and queen laid in silence waiting for the morning to come. It was a cold night (as usual) in the Jabari village. The freezing winds made the window open letting snow into the room. Nefretti started at the chair T'Challa put in front of the window to stop it from opening and closing. The fur blankets kept them warm, as did their body heat. The couple snuggled together saying nothing about the stressful day to come. They didn't want to ruin the moment they had together. T'Challa was playing with the love of his wife's hair thinking my gosh my gosh, what did I do to deserve her?

"I really like this. I've never felt so at peace in a long time." It was true. T'Challa and Nefretti were always busy with responsibility and missions that they hardly spend time together. It was nights like this that made them feel really lucky just to even spend a moment alone with one another. "I'm sorry for giving away our promise ring though."

T'Challa kissed her head "You gave it away so that I could be alive and well with you. Nefretti I would rather be dead than not be by your side. Anyways, that promise has already been fulfilled." They smile brightly at their wedding bands.

"We still have another promise to keep but before we discuss that, there's something that needs to be given back to you." Nefretti got out of the bed to retrieve something in the wooden drawer. T'Challa wondered what it might be. He stretched his neck to get a better view. As soon as he saw what his wife had resting on her hands, his face lit up. Looks like my dear long lost cousin didn't get every weapon in the kingdom. Nefretti stood behind him to put the claw necklace on.

"Promise me again Mr

"Promise me again Mr. Udaku. Don't die on me." She looked at him sternly.

T'Challa returned the expression "As long as you do the same Mrs. Udaku."

Nefretti looked up at him and gave him a passionate kiss. His hands went to her waist as they wrestled for dominance. For once, T'Challa let Nefretti win, but he always managed to be the one on top.

"We still have a promise to keep