Chapter 16 The Village of Snow

Hello everybody! So I took a look at some comments and I'm so so confused. Hehehe this is embarrassing for me to ask you guys this question but here I go...Is it Klaw or Klaue?? I've googled it and the answers were both Klaw and Klaue (correct). What do you guys think? Comment what you think is correct!

Nefretti's heart beat rhythmically matched as the Dora Mijale's marching; fast and loud. Scenarios ran through her head of ways of how to get out of this situation. She knew that she can take them all down easily even with the bounds on her wrists, she knew all too well that the Dora Milaje wouldn't give up fighting. NEfretti will eventually kill them but she couldn't never do that. Okoye walked beside her with a tight grip on Nefretti's arms, she kept herself from meeting her friend's gaze. All the girls looked uneasy at what was about to happen to their beloved queen. Orders are orders, they all vowed to stay loyal to the crown, even if it was Eric Killmonger on the throne. Nefretti still hadn't wrapped her head around T'Challa's sudden death. Nefretti could see the blaze of the flowers being burned from the courtyard. The Dora Milaje also had to hold their mouths from opening in shock. Nefretti turned back to the view of the courtyard not wanting to see more, just a few days ago she was training with Nakia in these very grounds being happy, now she was executed by her most trusted guard.

"On your knees." Okoye ordered with a soft voice. Nefretti silently complied and looked down at the pavement. She shut her eyes tight and so did the other women who had their swords out ready to strike. "I'll do it myself." Okoye shook her head making her colleagues place their weapons back. Never in a thousand years would Nefretti think that she was gonna be executed in her own home by Okoye. A tear ran down her cheek as she said a silent prayer. The only thing on her mind was that she was gonna be reunited with T'Challa in a matter of second. Okoye held up her sharp sword. She couldn't bear seeing Nefretti's head head rolling on the ground so Okoye looked away. She saw the city though it didn't look normal. The power had gone out and cries from the homes below could be heard echoing. Nefretti heard a swish that would end her life......But a clank followed.

She opened her eyes confused. Okoye had just threw her sword beside her. "You better leave before you get caught and end up dead for real. Go back to your brother." She turned back to leave. Nefretti got on her feet and ran to her friend giving her a hug from behind. A huge weight was lifted off their shoulders.

"Thank you Okoye. Thank you girls." The Dora Milaje bowing their heads with their arms forming an 'X'. Nefretti sped away quickly.

---------------

It was a harsh climb up the mountain where the temperature drops to even a zero! NEfretti had nothing but the clothes she wore from last night's 'execution'. She even had to change into Khusela form to stop hypothermia. She continued hiking anyways. Her eyes widened at the sight of a village and people wearing thick animal skin walking around. This was it, the Jabari village. The home she abandoned all those years ago. All the nervousness and anxiousness was still highly present in her thoughts even as she ran towards the fire inside her old house. People gasped seeing their exiled Nefretti storm inside and falling in front of the fire. They rushed up to her and checked if she was alive. Among them was M'Baku who ordered for his sister to be placed in a warm bed.

Nefretti woke up with a painful stomach. She sat up clutching it in pain as it rumbled demanding for food. The smell of hot soup grabbed her attention and less than a second later, Nefretti hadn't even bothered eating with a spoon as she gulped it all down. She remembered not eating for more than twenty four hours now. Looking around the room she was in, thoughts and questions clouded her mind because from the last she heard, M'Baku destroyed and made this room into a pig pen. Instead to Nefretti's surprise, her childhood bedroom remained exactly the same since the day she left. It was almost like someone was waiting for her to come home. A soft knock interrupted her train of thought.

"Come in." She said in a soft voice. Her brother popped his head out and entered the room sitting beside his sister. It was hard to read M'Baku since he had a poker face painted on his face.

"Why did you come back?" Aaannd not even a hello.

"Wakanda is gone. All that there is left is a murderer named Eric KIllmonger."

"I know that T'Challa doesn't live anymore. Ramolda had informed me already." Nefretti's head sapped towards him.

"The queen mother is here?"

"Her daughter and another female companion too. You still haven't answered my question."

It took a moment for Nefretti to form the words in her head. "All my life I've looked up to you, then I lost you brother. It was my fault. I shouldn't have lied to you, I shoudn't have left you alone. Especially when we needed each other the most. You may be the eldest but I will always look out for you even if you want my head on a spike right now. You can throw me out but at least I will have closure by saying this to you. " Flashbacks of Shuri and T'Challa played in her wind thinking that this was them before the day Shaka ruined it all. "I-I love you M'Baku." He broke his blank face.

---------------

The siblings strolled across the halls hand in hand earning curious and shocked faces from the guards and staff around them following them both in curiosity into the throne room where the other three unexpected visitors were waiting. Nefretti let go of her brother's hand to run to the three. The four women rejoiced in hugging as they were now reunited. "After you fainted, I really wanted to run to you but my father wouldn't let me. I had to escort Queen Mother and Princess Shuri out of them before they were next." Nakia's went to the her cheek.

"Never mind about that. You are all safe and that's all that matters." Nefretti smiled at them.

"But what are we going to do now? Wakanda will initiate a war greater than any other wars!" Shuri looked alarmed.

Queen Mother shushed her "Wakanda will not start a war. Not while I'm still alive."

"But how will we do that?"

M'Baku who was leaning against the doorframe with his hands crossed answered Shuri's question. "You'll need help from someone." The four looked at him in shock. Never in their wildest dreams would M'Baku offer to help-"I'm not talking about me." He defended. Darn. They were outnumbered four to tens of thousands. But curiosity bore into their mind as to whom the Jabari leader was referring to.......